Sportsmobile Forum

Sportsmobile Forum (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/)
-   Hobbyist Vendor Products (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   Swivel Seat Base GRP BUY #7 (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f37/swivel-seat-base-grp-buy-7-a-19469.html)

1der 05-04-2017 05:40 PM

Swivel Seat Base GRP BUY #7

:l2: THE SEVENTH round of swivel seat bases.

EXPECTED SHIP DATE IS JUNE 26,
YOUR ORDER MUST BE IN AND PAID FOR BY MORINING OF MAY 15.

As mentioned before, and attested to by many, this is one of the single best additions/modifications that can be done to our Ford E series vans.

The amount of comfort, utility, and transformation of the interior space and its feeling is amazing. Installation is about an hour and is done with standard tools. These seat bases are designed as direct bolt in for the stock 96 and newer Ford Seats and are the same units as used by SMB. (reference the prior threads for the prior group buys for lots of pictures and install postings, great pics to thanks to REDOVAL, shenrie, and others)

DETAILS: For this order, the ship date is expected to be JUNE 26
Bases will NOT work with power seats.

Pricing is $195 for Passenger / $205 for Driver (plus shipping costs via FedEx Ground from zip 94127 San Francisco). PM your zip code/ real name/ and email address to me and I will calculate the shipping. As a heads up, it is less expensive to ship to a business address, this includes a FedEx Office location nearby to you that accepts Ground Delivery/Hold for pick up. Saves around $3 to $5 over residential delivery.

Payment is via PayPal to searay230@gmail.com (also my email for contact) - Friends and Family, I will send more details with the shipping quote.

Let me know here or PM me if you want in.

The following are on the list (some awaiting payment) as of now:
DONO Surfboards
Scott W
vandalf
lazysusan
Gary F
emillika

Thanks!

Ray

mgmetalworks 05-05-2017 06:46 AM

I'm in for a driver side. I'll get ya paid soon.

1der 05-05-2017 08:31 AM

Yep Mike, have you on the list, just forgot to include you on the list in the first post. Thxs!

1der 05-06-2017 09:38 AM

Buy #7 is on. I realize six and seven were close together but I had enough people who came in after six closed, I wanted to make sure they could get theirs in time for most of the summer. Let me know if you want in on this one. Likely looking at late September for the next buy, maybe longer. Thanks!

cmmitch357 05-06-2017 06:52 PM

I'm in. Sent $195 to your PayPal account for passenger side swivel bracket. I'll send you the money for shipping when you get back to me.

1der 05-12-2017 02:37 PM

Bumping this as we are getting close to cut-off date. Let me know!

jjuan 05-15-2017 09:04 AM

Is it too late to get a passenger side? I can paypal the money right now

1der 05-15-2017 09:22 AM

jjuan - You are still good. PM me a zip code so I can get shipping quote and payment instructions. Thxs!

Ray

DocWhiskey 05-17-2017 09:45 AM

PM sent; forgot to add my zipcode though. 10465

Taylor3633 05-17-2017 05:32 PM

PM Sent... Thanks

1der 05-18-2017 10:59 AM

Responses sent! Anyone else want in? I will order a few extras - first come first served! Send me your zip for shipping quotes. Ray

1der 05-22-2017 11:28 AM

Order is in and confirmed. Thank you to everyone for getting payments in and getting back to me.

Ordered a few extras - First come and paid will get to those. Late June shipment is target. Cheers!

1der 05-22-2017 12:47 PM

For Reference in this Thread:

Install is about a lazy hour and one to two beers depending on hot it is. Can be done in less than 30 mins with a few under your belt (Installs that is!!)

Remove stock seat from the stock base (leave slides attached to the seat), and remove the base from the floor making sure to disconnect the seat sensor wires.
Decide what you want to do with the stock formed carpet, if that is what you have. I usually cut out the formed carpet just inside the foot print of the swivel floor plate and I use pieces of this cut out carpet to fill the spots which are not covered by the swivel floor plate. Carefully using a bit of hot glue with the carpet pieces can make it look nearly seamless. This approach allows the floor plate to sit flatly on the floor insulation. Secure the floor plate using the original screws and nuts.

Next is what to do with the sensor wires - I have always disassembled the pins/connectors after marking and taking a picture of the original config. I then thread the wires through the hole in the upper plate and reassemble the connector such that the wires run up and above the back end of the floor plate and on the inboard side of the swivel drum. (I have never cut and spliced the wires, perhaps someone else can chime in).

Place the seat on the top plate of the swivel, attach the seat (with slides) to the the swivel top plate using the original nuts. Reconnect the sensor wire. Make sure to protect the sensor wire where it threads through the hole in the the top plate.

Seats swivel towards the engine cover. Tilt the back all the way up, slide the seat forward a bit, release the swivel base with the lever and swivel in. There is a spot with seat slid forward that allows the seat to swivel 180 degrees. Once 180, slide the seat back and reclined the seat back. Time for the third beer!!!

Post here how it goes and if any questions. With just a little practice, the seat can be swiveled in less 10 seconds to transform the feel of your interior space! Thanks!! Ray

hbmarcus 05-22-2017 03:53 PM

Seat Base

I missed this order but would one of these bases work to add a third seat behind the passenger seat.

1der 05-22-2017 04:46 PM

Hbmarcus - these could work for placement behind the front seats. Mounting these in other locations would require drilling through the van floor and using proper backing plates and grade nuts and bolts. NOTE: The crash worthiness of the bases assumes mounting as replacement driver and front passenger seat, not in other locations.

I have some extras coming. If you want a shipping quote, please send me your zip code for a shipping quote. Thxs! Ray.

MistaLee 05-24-2017 02:39 PM

Hey 1der was wondering if it was too late to join the group buy thing? I was looking and seems its a better deal than I was looking at. Sorry don't know how to pm yet. But zip is 89147. Would like passenger side.

1der 05-24-2017 03:06 PM

Hi MistaLee - For Private Messages: Under Quick Links there is a Private Messages link. Good place to start.

Shipping to your location is $24 for the one Passenger Base. email me at searay230@gmail.com if you have any problems with PM. thxs!

docx98 06-05-2017 10:10 PM

Any chance there's still a passenger and driver's swivel left? Sent you a PM and email :)
Thanks

CactusJackSlade 06-05-2017 11:37 PM

Me too.... Passenger side - Newbie.... missing the boat??!

Bcushman 06-14-2017 03:50 PM

Interested if pass. seat base still available? Getting set of the z-brackets too.

1der 06-14-2017 05:49 PM

All you guys have seat bases if you want. I was able to add a few more yesterday. Planning to pick them up and ship around June 26th. Send me your zip if you still need a shipping quote. Or there use just get your payment made and one will be reserved for you. Searay230@gmail or PM. Thxs! Ray

1der 06-16-2017 11:44 AM

Still have a few available !

LenS 06-16-2017 12:37 PM

Who is the manufacturer and do they bases for Chevy's? Any one installed one on passenger side of Chevy??

1der 06-17-2017 04:37 AM

LenS -Sorry, my manufacturer only makes bases for the Fords. Nothing for anything else.

I asked if they would do Sprinter and Transit. They said no, because the crash test certification is too expensive.

1der 06-25-2017 06:36 PM

Okay, bases will be in this week and shipping out unless you are local pick up. Thank you to all who participated!
If you missed the earlier cut off then you have this chance. Definitely not doing another Group Buy for these until October or November at the earliest.

Currently, I have just the following seat bases left:

Passenger - 3 $195 each
Driver - 3 $205 each

plus shipping. PM or send me your Zip and I will get you shipping quote and payment info. Payment gets you one of these. Thxs! Ray

1der 06-25-2017 10:31 PM

Now down to 2 each, and one of the remaining passenger bases is pending.

keytothestone 06-26-2017 09:17 AM

swivel

I just sent a PM

1der 06-26-2017 11:05 PM

0 pass left and 1 driver

1der 06-28-2017 11:29 AM

UPDATE: May have one passenger base left in addition to the driver I do have left. Let me know and I will put you in line for either or both.

Ray

1der 07-01-2017 10:03 AM

Nearly all bases have shipped and some already delivered! There are a few in Northern California, Oregon and Washington that are going out on Monday. I set up email notifications for shipping progress once the boxes are dropped off at FedEx.

I have ONE Passenger and ONE Driver base still available. $195 and $205 respectively plus shipping.

SEE POST#13 in this thread for install guidelines/tips.

It would be great if you post pictures :i2:of your installs!

Thank you to everyone who participated, and for your patience. Another Group Buy is done!

Please let me know if any issues/questions. Ray :b5::h7:

PS: Right now I have Door Claw/Talons and Awning Brackets available.

1der 07-01-2017 02:20 PM

:h8:

All bases are now sold pending buyer pickup on Wednesday. So. no more left until October. Enjoy your summer camping !! :d8:

CactusJackSlade 07-08-2017 12:58 AM

Just installed mine :-)

FANTASTIC - this will add some usable room to the interior when camped.

The hardest part for me was dealing with the rubber padded floor covering and the carpet that the previous owner had installed.

The actual installation only took about 15-20 minutes... messing around with the carpet and flooring took me an hour, but all is perfect now :-)

If you are going to be doing this don't forget to pick up a size T-55 torx bit socket for the front two bolts....

Thanks 1der!

Rock Hunter 07-08-2017 05:16 AM

The T55 TorxPlus bit is the perfect fit for those bolts and the bench seat brackets if you are removing them from your Econoline.

KongBus 08-22-2017 03:37 PM

Pick up in SF

Is there another batch ready in Oct?

I'd like a passenger side. I am also in SF - could i pick up locally?

Thanks!

1der 08-22-2017 05:12 PM

Okay, let's get started with another Group Buy for seat bases. All the important info is the same:
Passenger $195
Driver $205
Send me shipping zip for FedEx Ground delivery and I will get you a shipping quote.

I will shoot for Oct end of first week shipping date. Orders have to be in and paid by September 16. I need 10 units paid for to place the buy. If we do not get ten and the buy is cancelled, I refund the money in full. Payment is via PayPal FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

Let me know if any questions!! Ray

Should I start a new thread or is everyone good with continuing on with this one?

mgmetalworks 08-22-2017 09:41 PM

I'm in for another passenger swivel! 97132

DrewCO 08-23-2017 12:03 PM

Also in for a passenger swivel. 80305

Skidmark 08-25-2017 08:04 AM

PM sent

Passenger swivel, please.

JVan 08-27-2017 04:49 PM

Thanks for setting these up 1der.
My transaction was straight forward, great quality base, nice easy install.
I'm very happy.

Thanks again!

BiodieselLuke 08-27-2017 09:25 PM

driver and passenger to 95973