Sportsmobile Forum

Sportsmobile Forum (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/)
-   General Sportsmobile (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   Rolled over SMB in Canyon Lands? (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f9/rolled-over-smb-in-canyon-lands-21973.html)

larrie 08-22-2018 11:18 PM

All good things come to those that are patient.🤠🤡

daveb 08-22-2018 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by achop (Post 233643)
I guess I don't need to ask, tho I was getting ready to:

Would you take your van over the short stretch visible in the photo:

... just to continue the awesome journey or reach awesome destination;
_____ Yes _______ No _______ Maybe


... because backing up is hellishly worse and standing still is not an option.
_____ Yes _______ No _______ Maybe


IMO it all depends. If I think I might lose the van because I can't cross the obstacle safely I generally do what I can to turn around or backup. I have a couple of clinometers on the dash and avoid anything over 28 degree side tilt but you still have to factor in the downward angle not just the side to side tilt. It's those "I didn't expect that to happen" moments that can get you in trouble. Some times the sway bar disconnects are better left on but for the most part on trails like that I leave them off. I drove over a wash out once and never even felt the drop but it was a level trail. The vans front wheel dropped into the hole but the rear glided over it and the van stayed level the whole way. On a different trip I had to crawl over a rock to get past a downed tree and the van slipped off the rock. Put a dent in the body and crushed the tail pipe. I didn't have a choice to backup...a lousy feeling to say the least but I never thought it would have fallen off like it did. Oops.



Hard to say about this rollover picture on what really happened in this thread. Still you'd be surprised what these vans can take on. Here is a picture of CalClimber's (Craig) wife Cindy spotting a similar situation where we had to climb over a ledge that dropped off in an steep decent. It was sure fun but was kept us on out toes.

Gooseberry 08-23-2018 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer (Post 233562)
So you have a video of the recovery uploaded on Facebook?

If so --- can you share the Facebook page link to that video?



(It's usually possible to view Facebook videos (and pages) without actually being logged into Facebook. *Unless of course you have the privacy settings for that particular video set to prevent this.)



After several weeks of the group talking about this rollover/recovery, there's gotta be several hundred of us following this thread and dying to see how it actually got resolved/solved.



:b5:



It lets me save to Facebook but not link sorry.

Gooseberry 08-23-2018 12:08 AM

Rolled over SMB in Canyon Lands?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer (Post 233562)
So you have a video of the recovery uploaded on Facebook?

If so --- can you share the Facebook page link to that video?



(It's usually possible to view Facebook videos (and pages) without actually being logged into Facebook. *Unless of course you have the privacy settings for that particular video set to prevent this.)



After several weeks of the group talking about this rollover/recovery, there's gotta be several hundred of us following this thread and dying to see how it actually got resolved/solved.



:b5:



Does this work

Should be us at the end had my dash cam on

Yep canít load the video

shenrie 08-23-2018 06:29 AM

^^^ you can’t right click the vid on fb and copy the url?

I would think all bob would need to do is come to this thread and answer questions that folks had 1 post at a time. By the time he answered questions he would have enough time spent here that he could post pix without any issues.

Either way that’s awesome he’s willing to come to this forum and educate us a little!

Jeffrey 08-23-2018 10:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Has it been confirmed that the location was Flint Road? I've done that in my '07 RB SMB, ascending. Doable, but be carefull. Here's a view of that area.

arctictraveller 08-23-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenrie (Post 234020)
I would think all bob would need to do is come to this thread and answer questions that folks had

So far, Bob has been unable to post anything. He signed up, but has yet to receive a confirmation email. I've sent a note by way of the "contact us" tab, but I have not gotten a reply yet. I suppose all we can do now is wait.

Jeffrey 08-24-2018 11:06 AM

All Bob has to do is send you the info and you can post it.

arctictraveller 08-24-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey (Post 234128)
All Bob has to do is send you the info and you can post it.

I've considered that, but would prefer that he is able to become a contributing member here. I'm sure that will happen soon, I've never heard of anyone else having this problem.

BroncoHauler 08-24-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arctictraveller (Post 234045)
So far, Bob has been unable to post anything. He signed up, but has yet to receive a confirmation email. I've sent a note by way of the "contact us" tab, but I have not gotten a reply yet. I suppose all we can do now is wait.

I didn't even know the Confirmation E-mail was a thing here. I signed up long ago, and don't remember that, or if it even existed when I signed up. Yet we get the occasional spammer getting an account. FWIW, I do not see new members account requests.


Herb


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.