Sportsmobile Forum

Sportsmobile Forum (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/)
-   Campfire (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Vanus Febris (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f15/vanus-febris-24760.html)

Otter 09-09-2019 01:26 PM

Vanus Febris

1 Attachment(s)
Van Fever: A disabling disorder that makes the sufferer unfit for any other kind of work because they feel compelled to constantly work on their van. Often, the sufferer will be found out in the cold, dark, rain, or snow, shuffling between the garage and van, wishing they had a garage that would fit the van. Family members will wonder aloud, “What are you doing out there?” to which they will always get the same answer: “I’m just trying to ______ (fill in the blank)”. Often the sufferer will be found with a tape measure in hand, trying to fit in one more cabinet/box/battery/propane/fuel tank/solar controller/ladder/winch/rack/bumper/spare tire/whatever. The tape measure often seems permanently grafted onto the sufferer’s hand because, “Why did this beast look so big when it was empty?”

86Scotty 09-09-2019 01:34 PM

You've figured us out. Will spouses grant us any slack if the condition is formally named?

:b5:

Beasty Boy 09-09-2019 01:45 PM

VanusFebrus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 259910)
Van Fever: A disabling disorder that makes the sufferer unfit for any other kind of work because they feel compelled to constantly work on their van. Often, the sufferer will be found out in the cold, dark, rain, or snow, shuffling between the garage and van, wishing they had a garage that would fit the van. Family members will wonder aloud, “What are you doing out there?” to which they will always get the same answer: “I’m just trying to ______ (fill in the blank)”. Often the sufferer will be found with a tape measure in hand, trying to fit in one more cabinet/box/battery/propane/fuel tank/solar controller/ladder/winch/rack/bumper/spare tire/whatever. The tape measure often seems permanently grafted onto the sufferer’s hand because, “Why did this beast look so big when it was empty?”

AKA-O.C.D.(Obsessive Compulsion Disorder) My Jerk neighbor has a severe
case of it:b1:

Otter 09-09-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86Scotty (Post 259911)
You've figured us out. Will spouses grant us any slack if the condition is formally named?

:b5:

Hahaha! Didn’t think of that. We could petition to get it recognized. And then form a support group. Oh wait... we’ve already got one of those.

Otter 09-09-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beasty Boy (Post 259912)
AKA-O.C.D.(Obsessive Compulsion Disorder) My Jerk neighbor has a severe
case of it:b1:

I hide from my neighbor behind a gigantic hedge. :)

WhitH 09-09-2019 02:52 PM

I've got a case of this disease...my wife has often come out to "just take a look to make sure it didn't fall" on me....

Twoxentrix 09-09-2019 04:05 PM

I'm perplexed.. Is the insinuation this ritual isn't normal? FWIW, Took the better part of two years to find a tape measure with a cover that closely matched the color of my van.

Otter 09-09-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitH (Post 259921)
I've got a case of this disease...my wife has often come out to "just take a look to make sure it didn't fall" on me....

_——————————————————-

:l2:

Otter 09-09-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twoxentrix (Post 259926)
I'm perplexed.. Is the insinuation this ritual isn't normal? FWIW, Took the better part of two years to find a tape measure with a cover that closely matched the color of my van.

Hahahahaha! Wait... do they have them in gray leather? :b5:

Twoxentrix 09-09-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 259928)
Hahahahaha! Wait... do they have them in gray leather? :b5:

Truth be told, ended out having mine made at a local shoe repair shop using a teal stained leather (they've done some projects for me in the past). Wife devastated when she realized we managed to lose it someplace in the Smoky Mountains.

***no judgement from the group warranted - we've all done crazy stuff in honor of our toys