Sportsmobile Forum

Sportsmobile Forum (
-   General Sportsmobile (
-   -   Transprt Canada says NO (

SteelheadJones 07-15-2016 06:21 PM

Link to that thread?

gnty 07-15-2016 08:23 PM


Originally Posted by BroncoHauler (Post 179380)
Buy a base van, register it, and then have it converted?

You can do that if you just have the interior converted, can do any suspension mods in the u.s. and bring it back to Canada.

15 years and older is fair game for importation, even 4wd.

We are lacking in a camper conversion company. We have 2 choices for 4wd conversions, sportsman/Clydesdale and DYI ujoint kit. Soon a 3rd, DYI mg metalworks.

PvT 07-15-2016 11:26 PM

Mhr900ss: I've also had my ear to this query and found this thread a while back, also from a few years ago, here's the link to the that one:

jpau00 07-16-2016 07:58 AM

I know there is a conversion company called Getaway in Abbotsford BC. They sell RVs but also do custom conversions.
It sounds like BroncoHauler has the right idea. Get the 4X4 done, register and then have a conversion done. If an SMB conversion is still an issue, perhaps Getaway would be a good option, seeing as they are in Canada. It looks like they do some nice work.
Get-Away RV* | Langley RV Dealership | Selling the best RV brands like Aliner, Durango, Stone Ridge, and more!*

mhr900ss 07-16-2016 08:40 PM

Hi guys: please jump this to the new topic I opened for this refreshed discussion:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.