Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #41

Re: Deaver Springs long term reviews?

All this raving about how fantastic the ride is with the Deaver setup is sure making me jealous. Wish I lived closer to Deaver in Santa Ana, CA! Ride quality is my #1 complaint about my van.

But with the increased ride height that comes with the Deaver setup, my van wouldn't fit into my garage anymore! :O

-- Geoff

Old 04-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffff
my van wouldn't fit into my garage anymore! :O

-- Geoff
Garage? Oh, you mean that attached storage area! Who can fit a vehicle in that storage area?

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #43
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Geofff, Deaver put mine on a palate and freighted them out to my local 4wheelparts for install. If I recall it was "only" a few hundred all the way out to Colorado, not bad considering. My other option, and I'm sure it would have worked out in one degree or another, there is a local (Denver) spring company that could have built them, but in the end I went with Deaver because of thier experience building springs for our vans. Even sight unsean and with just a few weights and measures, they were confident about the build, but you could look into finding a local spring company to do the build.

We'll be out your way in July....
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #44

Quote:
All this raving about how fantastic the ride is with the Deaver setup is sure making me jealous. Wish I lived closer to Deaver in Santa Ana, CA! Ride quality is my #1 complaint about my van.

But with the increased ride height that comes with the Deaver setup, my van wouldn't fit into my garage anymore! :O

-- Geoff

Locally it is Eastside Custom Truck in Kirkland that is the Deaver distributor so I am sure they can ship them to these people and they can install the setup.

Here is their distributor list;

http://www.deaverspring.com/dist.html
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonie
Locally it is Eastside Custom Truck in Kirkland that is the Deaver distributor so I am sure they can ship them to these people and they can install the setup.

Good info! Maybe I'll go out and re-measure my garage.

-- Geoff
Old 04-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #46
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:

Good info! Maybe I'll go out and re-measure my garage.

-- Geoff
Wasn't there someone who just bought a house, and was going to have the garage door opening raised? There are always options....

Herb
Old 04-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #47

Quote:
Quote:

-- Geoff

I talked to Jeff at Deaver springs today and he said they can't recommend the guy in Kirkland anymore since they are having trouble with him currently. He would recommend Olympic 4x4. The deaver spring package (includes bilsteins, panhard bar) runs about $3300 just for parts. If Deaver did the install it runs about $4200 total for package and labor. So about $900 in labor to modify bump stops and bump steer and add panhard bar with shocks and springs. They would have to talk to them and run them through what they do to modify the vans to make it work.
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #48
Site Team

Garage

I want to give an update on my springs. The back seems a bit lower than the front and Jeff sent me a couple of leafs to take care of it (TBD). If you have a heavy van like I do, it's best to tell Jeff that. I still feel that they are on a learning and based off what they have built in the past. I'll update after I get the leafs installed. Hopefully I won't loose the ride I have now but figure it will be a little stiffer.
Dave

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #49
Site Team

Garage

Update:
Went all over the place to see who could add the extra leaf and practically none of the shops would touch it except one and he said it was an all day job . Jeeze, it took Deaver about 5 hours to do the whole job. Went to a couple of places in Merced 30 min away figuring I could kick back over at a buddies house while the job was done, but I got the same run around. I found one shop that said it would take 4 hours to do it at 80 bucks an hour . Talked with a couple of guys in our fleet shop who told me to take it to a big rig truck shop a couple miles away from my house...I thought i was gonna get raped but it took them less than an hour and a half and cost me 133.00 bucks.

The van now sits a little high in the back and looks fine. I figure it will settle a bit which will be also be fine. The ride did not change...happy camper now

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
Update:
Where is the "and then my front axle fell off" part? Did the gypsy finally forgive you?