Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 09:59 PM   #21
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Re: Quigley refresh - suggestions?

Or you can get a set of adjustable torque arms from CCV......

CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:59 PM   #22

The idea of adjustable torque arms are great. Moving the front diff forward, being able to adjust your front axle, fitting a large tire, all good.
The CCV arms are anything but a bolt in kit.
The frame mounts need to be modifies to fit the Johnny joints. This involve drilling a 4, 2+ inch holes, and then squaring up the hole to get the johnny joint to fit in the frame mounts.
Grinding the front mounts and diff to make room for the johnny joint.
Then the Johnny joints are about a 1/4 inch smaller than the Quigley bushings, so you will need to figure out how to shim them to fit (side to side) took 3 grade 8 washers to take up the slack.
If you go with a taller spring, there is a good chance that the spring will rub on the frame track bar mount. Depending on the year of your van.
As you raise the van with taller springs you will more than likely need a new track bar, or an adjustable track bar. As the stock track bar will pull the front axle over to the driver side as you raise your van.
Once you raise your van with new springs, and slide your front diff forward, you will need to modify the mounts for the sway bar. As your sway bar will now be binding up, or coming into contact with parts of your van that it shouldn't.
On the bright side the ride will improve with the increased suspension travel, and yeah I'm a disgruntled CCV customer, but I do enjoy the improved ride of my Quigley van. Just wasn't excepting so much modification to get their product to work.
primitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:41 AM   #23

Garage

^^^ wow, wouldnt have figured replacing those arms would be that much work either. appreciate the heads up. did you take any pix along the way that could give us a little more insight to all the hassles you encountered? maybe even after pix of everything. the arms he offers are on my list of things to upgrade, but i didnt know if i wanted to buy his or have my local shop fab some up.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta825
Some parts you need to get from Quigley like the torque arms and track bar. Others like some of the bushings are off the shelf Moog units for Fords. Quigley can give you those part #s to get them locally. For shocks I had great luck working with Jr. at Bilstein USA for appropriately valved 5165s., got tired of waiting almost a yr for the RIP kit...
Alta, could you give a little more info on the shock pn's and perhaps a contact number for Jr at Bilstein USA?

Are the moog springs longer than stock - do they lift the van any or provide more room before the axle contacts the bump stop?

Thanks for any info you provide - good day. B
Belltownbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:54 PM   #25
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Moog CC880S progressive rate springs, lifts the front end about an 1", I didn't notice the increase on mine when I swapped them in with the RIP kit, but I guess I already had a heavy duty ford ambulance spec spring in there from quigley to start.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #26

Garage

Here is what I ended up replacing my 12yr old leaking Fox 2.0's with.. (which were also too long for a Quigley...)

Bilstein 5165 Reservoir Shocks
front #25-177497
rear #25-177480

Picked them up online for 180ish ea/shipped

So far I've been real happy with the ride and it 's also way better than my '01 Quigley RB50 w/ the std yellow RV Bilsteins and definite improvement over the blown Fox's the current van came with (and again - no idea on the orig valving specs).

But I need to be honest, I've also been very tempted to try and pull off the UJOR 6" De-Quig kit and call it good for the long haul. FYI, my rig is an '02 7.3L EB51 and right under 10k loaded up with kids/gear.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
^^^ wow, wouldnt have figured replacing those arms would be that much work either. appreciate the heads up. did you take any pix along the way that could give us a little more insight to all the hassles you encountered? maybe even after pix of everything. the arms he offers are on my list of things to upgrade, but i didnt know if i wanted to buy his or have my local shop fab some up.
Sent a email. Added a few picture to galley. Will post a new thread about my experience as soon as possible
primitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta825
Here is what I ended up replacing my 12yr old leaking Fox 2.0's with.. (which were also too long for a Quigley...)

Bilstein 5165 Reservoir Shocks
front #25-177497
rear #25-177480

Picked them up online for 180ish ea/shipped

So far I've been real happy with the ride and it 's also way better than my '01 Quigley RB50 w/ the std yellow RV Bilsteins and definite improvement over the blown Fox's the current van came with (and again - no idea on the orig valving specs).

But I need to be honest, I've also been very tempted to try and pull off the UJOR 6" De-Quig kit and call it good for the long haul. FYI, my rig is an '02 7.3L EB51 and right under 10k loaded up with kids/gear.

Is this also in combination with the moog cc880s's?
I have also contemplated dequigleying my rig with a kit from Chris, right now I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can RIP the rig in not to long of time, and tighten up my front end with fresh parts and put my money into the interior build.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #29

Garage

Nope. Still running the stock coils. Seriously thinking I'll stop spending $ on the ride and save a few more $ and send it Chris' way. It isn't bad how it is but I can see how the 6" kit and 35s would be the shiznit here in so UT...
Old 04-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #30

Would those shocks work with the MOOG 880s? If the 880s lift the van about 1"?

I'd really like another inch between the axle and the bumpstop. Perhaps a call to Quigley is in order...

Thanks fellas. B
Belltownbikes is offline   Reply With Quote