Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2019, 09:01 AM   #1

1998 Econoline Sportsmobile RB50 138k $27.5K

1998 Sportsmobile EB50 in great condition with new tires.* I have owned two years, driven few miles and replaced both deep cycle marine batteries, engine battery, new tires.* 2000W inverter, hot water heater, furnace and Starcool AC system.* Navigation system with DVD player and 19" monitor with storage case.* Bluetooth compatible radio system, also has back-up camera.* 10ft Fiamma awning.* Supplies included, chocks, patio carpet & carry bag, new Camco step stool, stakes, etc.*

Current mileage is about 138k.

I’m the fourth owner it was built by sports Mobile on the West Coast and head to Washington state owners before it was purchased by prior owner in Oklahoma. His company had a fleet of Ford vans, so while he owned it it had fleet maintenance. It’s had very little exposure to winter roads.

Since purchasing the van in March 2017 I’ve spent $5000++; new Michelin defender tires, complete tuneup all new spark plugs, replaced carbon monoxide detector, replaced accessory interior fan, new batteries etc. I expected to hold the van for 10 years or more, however I’m downsizing to a condo and won’t have any place to park the van. I have all original manuals, all service receipts, etc. It's winterized and ready for more adventures!

Contact for additional pictures and details.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...U0?usp=sharing
Attached Thumbnails
sport.jpg   SFP_RB-50-pop.jpg  

wildhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:50 AM   #2

Nice van, but note that it's an "EB-50," not an RB. This would work well for someone who wanted to add a third captain's seat behind the passenger seat for an extra passenger.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:02 AM   #3

Thanks Brian!!
Old 02-26-2019, 10:50 AM   #4

Any idea which motor is in it?
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:57 AM   #5

Looks super clean for its age!
What motor?
somedaysoon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:52 PM   #6

It's very clean. Engine is a Triton V-8 5.4L
Old 02-26-2019, 07:17 PM   #7

Very nice looking van but I think you maybe asking alittle to much for a 1998 sportsmobile. If it was a 4x4 then I guess that would be a good deal. Best of luck with the sell
Phish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:43 AM   #8

Looks like a great van with a solid history and records. Looks like it would make a great 4wd conversion too.

Does it have a full float rear axle? That is important to many 4wd convert dreamers.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:10 PM   #9
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Oh Phish, you are too funny...already laying ground work for a deal?!? LOL...Pay no attention Wildhair! I HAVE seen this van and met its owner! Nice Gal! We talked SMB's and how she has taken it over from previous owner with all the paperwork and how she has done the same b'c she fell in love with it (typical SMB story eh?!)...IT is very clean and seems RIPE for a 4x4 conversion! I seem to remember that funky gold with a stripe...Awning, clean interior...West SMB top...that is all I can remember...maybe I have a pic...anyway, great deal (or close to) for a person wanting to join the SMB party...and note, I think it would be much more if it was already a 4x4...good luck WIldhair! I am sure it will go FAST!!!!!

Ps WH What about the axel question?
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #10

Nope just trying to help out. Seen a bunch on the market for around that price with similar miles that have been for sale for a few months. But spring is on the horizon and I’m sure more people will start looking.
Phish is offline   Reply With Quote