Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2019, 06:17 AM   #1

CCV Mid Top

I am considering switching from a CCV mid top to a fixed hard top and am trying to gauge interest and pricing for the CCV top. It was installed in 2015 and the only upgrades are yakima tracks and rails.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz5mq3vbfb...46.23.jpg?dl=0

Taylor3633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:39 AM   #2

How is the CCV on washboard or off-road? I have a SMB poptop and hate how much they rattle all the time. I thought about going hightop also and even purchased a hightop to change my poptop out. Probably not going hightop because I like the low height of the poptop.

The CCV tops look well built, curious of the noise, shacking, rattling etc. off road.

If your looking for a 24” hightop I do have a used one. It’s not reverse flange. It the glue and screw style that were most common until all of the manufactures stopped making them.

Rob
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:47 AM   #3

Hey Rob. Having owned both a SMB with poptop and now the CCV top I personally think that the CCV top is superior in every way. In terms of noise, etc. the CCV top latches down secure and solid; I have never noticed any noise.

Can you send me pics of your top and pricing? Thanks!
Old 07-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrobert10 View Post
How is the CCV on washboard or off-road? I have a SMB poptop and hate how much they rattle all the time.

Rob
Keep in mind that if you solve that rattle you'll start to hear another. You're driving a house down the road. Rattle free is only for a minute. This is forever.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:15 AM   #5

Garage
I have interest for sure. My top has bent bars and is manual. I had a fixed top on my last van that was similar to your mid. This could be a perfect opportunity to upgrade. I have 2 solar panels on my smb top now and would want to retain those. Do you have solar now?

Brad
Old 07-13-2019, 10:55 AM   #6

I would be definitely interested if I can figure out where to get it installed. Is there a shop you have in mind to get the hardtop installed. If so, If they can install the pop top we can meet up. What price and timeline are you looking at
LibertyRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:22 PM   #7

I hate rattles in the van. Have most of them sorts out. Rattles from my CCV top are not an issue. I can tel it wiggles around a bit from the wear marks on the roof but does not rattle.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor3633 View Post
I am considering switching from a CCV mid top to a fixed hard top and am trying to gauge interest and pricing for the CCV top. It was installed in 2015 and the only upgrades are yakima tracks and rails.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz5mq3vbfb...46.23.jpg?dl=0

On sent very interested in the top.
vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:52 AM   #9

Lots of (what appears to be) genuine interest in my top; any feedback from the community on pricing?
Old 07-18-2019, 07:38 PM   #10

I have a brand new Fiberine that has never been mounted that I would swap you if you are interested?
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote