Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #1

Yellowstone or bust!

Left Washington, DC for points west...Our SMB is 2 months old and 5k miles burned in. Def fluid and oil topped off with mobile esp. 50g fresh, empty gray, batteries at 14.7v, fridge and pantry stocked.

This is our great American roadtrip that hopefully will not be snowed out or sequestered. Will post pics if the bears don't eat us first.

Ilovegt100

ilovegt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #2

Yellowstone or bust!

May your fluids always be full and the scenery beautiful. Enjoy.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #3

Re: Yellowstone or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegt100
This is our great American roadtrip that hopefully will not be snowed out or sequestered. Will post pics if the bears don't eat us first.
Awesome Benji. Glad to hear it is all humming along. They mentioned at Sportsmobile that you were coming back by for a few van tweaks during the next F1 race. That is a spectacle.

We pick up our Sportsmobile on Wednesday. And we have plans to go through Yellowstone and up into Montana in August. You will have to let us know where the good places to overnight are.

I'm sure you have plenty of hardware to fend off the bears so looking forward to those pictures.

Are you planning ahead on where you are staying along the way or just winging it and staying wherever you find a spot?
skijunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to bettyford

When in Jackson Hole Wy do say hello.

Ron
Old 04-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #5

Yellowstone or bust!

Thanks guys! Anybody want to meet in Jackson hole for allegedly awesome burgers that are ground up with bacon at some place, while sounding Mexican, is actually Italian call los trios?

We are planning on boondocking wherever we can and national parks when available... Maybe even the kindness of strangers. I have offers to swing by estes park and salt lake city so far and use me some driveways near major parks so we will play it by ear and follow the weather.

My wifey is very understanding and flexible so the exact route is unknown. If anybody is free in the next 2 weeks along that path and wants to have a meetup or can recommend a nice place to camp out, I am way open to suggestions.

Skijunkie, can't wait to see the new rig! Your pics are cool and I owe you a roll of paper towels. When are you guys heading up north? Smb was right and I have reserved a campsite for the f1 race in November and general admission tickets for me and one of my buddies. You and the lady want to meet us there at the least? Let me know

Ilovegt100
Old 04-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #6

Yellowstone or bust!

Check this out... Grandview at the New River George, WV. Kinda reminds me of horseshoe bend on the Colorado through the Grand Canyon- albeit less grand...

Ilovegt100
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367168816.472053.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367168836.321270.jpg  
Old 04-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #7

Yellowstone or bust!

Weird. Some kinda artifact?
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367169886.768601.jpg  
Old 04-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegt100
Skijunkie, can't wait to see the new rig! Your pics are cool and I owe you a roll of paper towels. When are you guys heading up north? Smb was right and I have reserved a campsite for the f1 race in November and general admission tickets for me and one of my buddies. You and the lady want to meet us there at the least? Let me know
I think we will be heading north the first week of August. The wife is speaking at a conference in Missoula, so her work will subsidize the gas.

I think maybe the beers you shared with us more than made up for the roll of paper towels. Likely we are the ones owing you beer. We can definitely meet up at your campground and you could see our SMB. I'm curious to see what tweaks you've made to yours.
skijunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #9

Yellowstone or bust!

Deal. That week I will be having smb make some mods to stereo to accept iphone5 and cabinets so they operate smoother.

Since we spoke, added renntech tune (which then eats adblue like crazy) and have been driving the hell out of it. Will likely turn 10k in first 4 months- quite a remarkable daily driver and a testament to smb delivering almost exactly what my business needed

Contact rv nightly for a campground reservation- I got a tent and parking site w/o hookups for 2 of us for like 175 (just parking is like 100 bucks from Friday to Sunday on race weekend) for whole week with working showers and circuit access across street.

Ilovegt100