Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #11

Re: Brakeman Brake Service

I figured I would do just the rotors and pads conversion when I need to redo the brake pads. I am only at 23k miles on van so still have some miles left.

Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #12
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggde
Dave ,
I believe that they are larger Calipers and after owning numerous E-350's , both 2 and 4 wheel drives I knew that I would be under braked with the stock set up at our weight .
Greggde
So really what you posted about applies to the full upgrade because I was never told about dust/installation/ by one of the engineers. When I wrecked my rotor they had to send me all the parts and I had a long talk with them. All I have is the pads and rotors but he did suggest that I upgrade the Fluid to their racing fluid which I did. He did tell me about the propper break in procedures though.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3964

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #13

Dave ,
Mine are the complete 17" upgrade . Caliper's , Disc's, Tire's and , Wheels . And these do not have Dust Boots . I will photograph them for you if you like or call me (800) 841-3312
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #14
Site Team

Garage

Thanks Greg, I would have gone that way except I have a SMB trailer which equals 8 tires and rims for me to change as well as modes to the trailer to accept the larger tires/rims. That's a big chunk of money although it might be argued 8 grand might be a drop in the bucket compared to a complete total out. My van was one of the first to get the brakeman rotor/pad upgrade and I did some tests for SMB. Another customer (maybe you) was having the full upgrade done and the comparison between the 1000 dollar job and the 4000 dollar job was quite significant. Too bad it wasn't a option before I bought my van. The biggest gain I found was reduction in brake fade and I feel it was worth the 1K I paid. Others might have a different point of view.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote