Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2015, 06:25 PM   #1

Z Brackets Ver2 for gutter mounting awnings - New Run

Okay, starting a new thread for these new brackets. I will have them on Monday and expect to be shipping by end of next week. I will have more details and pics coming up next week.

Basically, they are very similar to the original Z Brackets with a few enhancements bases on feedback from the users of the original brackets. These are all powder coated, have rubber pads for the contact paint contact surface, and mounting hardware. Price will be $175 shipped via USPS Priority Mail and includes a donation to support the forum.

The list I have compiled from those who have expressed interest is:

REF - Complete
SCBrian
CapitainVo
skyrat
GBreezy
SteveAndLillian

Please let me know if any questions. Thanks!

Ray

Old 05-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #2

Re: Z Brackets Ver2 for gutter mounting awnings - New Run

Hey All,
Pls email me so we can get your brackets to you. My email is Searay230@gmail.com
I will provide phone contact via email.

Thxs!

Ray
Old 05-19-2015, 07:33 PM   #3

Email inbound. I don't remember your preferred method of payment. Thanks

My Build Thread
SCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #4

Put me down for a set. I will PM for payment info.

Thanks!
CapitalE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:51 PM   #5

Re: Z Awning Brackets Ver2 for gutter mounting awnings - New

Okay, here are pics of the brackets! These are powder coated black, have rubber pads on surface that goes against the side paint, and all hardware (stainless) is included. I am waiting to receive the button style covers Tapatio used to cover the outward facing nuts to make the appearance more finished. These will be included in the package or shipped separately if it takes too long.

More pics here showing them mounted :

The brackets are designed to work on either 1992 and newer FORD Econoline passenger or cargo vans. They will clear the stock Ford windows. The bottom of the mid and rear brackets extended down 2-3/8" from the underside of the gutter. The front mount goes against the pillar inside the front and side doors. The bracket should be snugged up to the underside of the gutter when securing to the vehicle to allow the doors to close.

The front and rear brackets have the bend necessary to match the extrusion of the Fiamma and Colorado Carefree awnings. The middle bracket is attached by drilling through the awning casing and the bracket it self.

For CVT/ARB/EZ style bag awnings: You will only use the front and either the rear or middle bracket. Figure out the spacing you want for the brackets and mark the holes to be drilled for the sliding T-Bolt (comes with the awning) used to mount the awning to the brackets.

Price is $175 per set which includes postage via US Post Office Priority Mail to US addresses. Payment is via PayPal. I will PM PayPal account to send payment.

Please make sure payment is marked for "friends/family" otherwise I will be charged 3.3% fees. MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE/CONFIRM NAME & SHIPPING ADDRESS info in the payment (should already be there if you have a PayPal account). I would also appreciate an email or PM with your phone number in case there is a question. If you have already sent me all your contact info, then please disregard, only the payment is needed to get these on the way to you.

Speaking of questions, please ask me questions if you have them. Thanks!!

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Bracket Post 1_Page_1.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bracket Post 1.pdf (308.9 KB, 201 views)
Old 05-25-2015, 12:23 AM   #6

Please out me down for a set, I'll send payment tomorrow.
Thanks Eric
2004 Ford F350 Service Truck
2006 Peterbilt 320 (hence my forum handle)
Pete320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #7

Okay! Back from CCV and have all the brackets which have been paid for going to the Post Office tonight.

Right now I have 6 sets left after reserving sets for people whom I have spoken to and are paying in the next couple of days.

What did NOT arrive were the plastic button covers/washers for the outside nuts. They should be here at the end of the week and I will ship those out via first class mail for this first batch shipped or dropped off.

Please make sure to tighten the the bolts and lock nuts securely and then check them after your first couple of trips and re-tighten them if needed. If you remove the lock nuts for any reason, you will need to apply Loctite or use a lock washer the next time. Lock nuts are typically single usage. I recommend using non- locking nuts when dry-fitting the brackets, then use the lock nuts when you do your final install.

After this batch is gone, I will not make another run of these brackets until I have at least 10 sets of the next run pre-paid. So, if you want a set for sure for the summer then please grab one of the sets that are left. $175 shipped. PayPal - searay230@gmail.com, select "friends and family", make sure to include address for Post Office shipping and your phone number in the comment/message box. And please PM or email to the searay230@gmail.com address to let me know you have ordered. Thank you!

btw - Here is a pic of the first new CCV Mid Size Top installed on our van. I will do a separate write up for that! Have to get MY brackets and Fiamma installed now
Attached Thumbnails
CCV Top 1.JPG  
Old 06-03-2015, 10:32 PM   #8
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

[emoji106]
is that my old grill installed?
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
[emoji106]
is that my old grill installed?
Yep! I like better than the oval. Thank you!
Old 06-04-2015, 09:48 AM   #10
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

That'll be 1 million dollars.......
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote