Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2023, 02:59 PM   #1

2013 e350 Van AirBag Light

Hello,

I purchased a 2013 e350 without a passenger seat... I was able to purchase a 2010 Ford FORD E150 passenger seat. I have an airbag light and I'm thinking because there isnt a passenger seat connected...well seems the last owner cut or hid the connector for the passenger seat... I looked in the step well...and under the driver seat and under the van and cannot find it... any help would be appreciated...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0337.jpg   IMG_0336.jpg   IMG_0335.jpg  

OregonE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 03:17 PM   #2

If i recall correctly when i did my seat swap the passenger seat wire came from under the driver seat over to the passenger seat. But mine is old as in a 2005. I use to have a folder full of pictures when i did the seat swap but i had a hard drive failure so those are all gone.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 07:53 AM   #3

There is a wiring harness that runs across the interior floor from Driver B Pillar to the Passenger B pillar just aft of the front seats. This wiring harness contains the wires going to the seats.

The Driver seat has four wires - 2 wires for the seat occupancy sensor and 2 wires for the seat belt cinch down retractor at the west belt latch receiver ( what you push the seat belt latch tab into) that triggers in a crash, or if someone shorts the two wires, which people do when they cut both wires at the same time.

The Passenger seat has only 2 wires which are for the seat belt cinch down. There is no occupancy sensor in the passenger seat.

Have the ignition off and key out.

For the passenger side - Find the harness on the interior floor just aft of the seat pedestal. There should be two wires that tee off about side to side centerline of the pedestal and head forward to a spot under the middle of where the seat pedestal mounts. There is typically a cut in the carpet or mat at this location to allow the two wires to pass through. The connector in 2013 (actually around 2004 or 2005 and newer) is a yellow connector. I would have to look at at a wiring diagram to determine what the color code is on the two wires, but the color code is the same for both wires.

You do not need the yellow connector if you do not have it on both ends. You can use bullet or spade or any other two part connector to make the connection. Consider leaving enough wire length if you want add a swivel seat base at a later date.

This is a link to the installation video for the swivel seat bases we sell. The wiring modifications are covered. For the wiring you are looking for, the video may prove helpful.

https://www.blingmyrig.com/pages/swi...e-installation

You have purchased a 2010 seat. it will need the have the seat belt latch and hopefully two conditions are present - 1. the seatbelt buckle and latch are compatible, and 2. the seat belt latch retractor (where the seat belt plugs into) has not been triggered. If the latch retractor has been triggered then you will have an out of range circuit resistance on the latch retractor wires. You can search for what the proper resistance range should be.

Hood that helps.
Old 08-05-2023, 10:34 AM   #4

Following! I’ve got a
Lot of catching up to do on here
Ann
Old 08-05-2023, 11:21 AM   #5

1der thank you for the thorough reply…as you can see from pic 1 the carpet has been completely stripped from this van and there are no connectors under the seat…i cralwed underneath the van and cannot find any connectors either…this is my dilemma how could there not be a passenger plug and why would they remove it…i might have to find a van at pick and pull to see where the conndctor would be…i hate buying other peoples projects but here we are!!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0348.jpg  
Old 08-05-2023, 11:25 AM   #6

here a clear video of the plug i dont have and need to find or add back in

Old 08-06-2023, 12:26 AM   #7

Sorry, I missed your pictures when I responded earlier.

There will be no connector under the floor.

Post a picture of the wires running to the driver seat and the harness it is connected to.

The driver side wires should be coming from a harness aft of the seat. That same harness is supposed (inside the cabin, atop the floor) to run to the passenger side and routes multiple wires, 2 of which are for the passenger seat. See the thick red line in the one pic, and where Ivsm pointing in the second pic.
Name:  IMG_6573.jpeg
Views: 52
Size:  19.6 KB Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6572.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	47957

Additionally, post pictures of the rear mounting points for the passenger seat. There should be two studs sticking up from the floor. Are those holes able to take a bolt?

Btw - the video you posted is not a good how to. Did you watch the video I did?
Old 08-06-2023, 10:51 AM   #8

here are pics of what i see the only connector under the driver seat that’s empty is pictured as you can see the wires were removed and both sides of the connector is still there…also the studds were removed from
the passenger seats but i was able to use grade 8 bolts to get the seat bolted down
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0363.jpg   IMG_0362.jpg   IMG_0361.jpg   IMG_0360.jpg   IMG_0359.jpg  

IMG_0357.jpg  
Old 08-06-2023, 03:24 PM   #9

Once again thank you so much for the help…after touching everything i found the cord tucked into the pillar and it still had the chair connector on there i removed it and pluged in my new chair and bam air bag light went off…million thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0371.jpg  
Old 08-06-2023, 10:45 PM   #10

You are welcome. I could not see why someone would actually cut that harness. Makes more sense it was gathered up and stowed on the driver side since the passenger seat was completely removed, studs and all.

Great perseverance!! Looks like you have a project.