Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2023, 07:30 PM   #1

E-Series - Adjusting Aerodynamic Headlamps

Hello everyone,

I just went out to try and adjust the vertical aim of the headlamps on my 2013 E-350. I got the van parked 25 ft from a wall, marked the line that is level with the center of the headlamps, and then went to go adjust the vertical alignment. However, I CANNOT for the life of me find the Phillips head screws that are supposed to adjust the vertical aim! Has anyone successfully aimed their aerodynamic style headlamps?

This is what the manual shows, which IMO is a pretty useless diagram:

I also came across this tool while trying to search for some kind of tutorial or instructions online:
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...het/lis0/14540

I guess this wouldn't be the first time a vehicle manual has contained outdated or downright incorrect information.

motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 09:01 PM   #2

Yeah, you might need a longer screw driver. You can feel when it engages with the pinion gear in the adjuster.
carringb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 06:41 AM   #3

Do you access it from under the hood? I looked into the oval and round holes right above the projectors (looking straight down), but didn't see anything that resembled a Phillips head
Old 11-12-2023, 12:28 PM   #4

This is a Driver's side housing, from behind. The adjuster is circled in red. You reach it from above with a Philips head screwdriver. You have to be directly above it, where the green arrow is. There is a tiny hole where the screwdriver goes in and spins the white plastic piece.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20231112_192204957~2.jpg  
The_Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 02:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vermonster View Post
This is a Driver's side housing, from behind. The adjuster is circled in red. You reach it from above with a Philips head screwdriver. You have to be directly above it, where the green arrow is. There is a tiny hole where the screwdriver goes in and spins the white plastic piece.
Thank you very much! I will have to give it another shot today.
Old 11-16-2023, 10:12 AM   #6

OK, got it figured out thanks to everyone's help!

In case anyone else is struggling with this, here are some photos to help clear things up. I ended up needing an 8" long #2 Philips screwdriver.

If you look down this slot/hole:

You will see a small funnel shaped hole. Gear teeth may be visible inside the hole. Two different angles for clarity:

Actually adjusting the headlights took 5 minutes. Park 25 ft from a flat wall, mark center point of headlamps on the wall (or in my case use a laser level), and then adjust headlamps one at a time (block off the other headlamp so you can clearly see the cutoff line of the lamp you're adjusting).