Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2024, 07:20 PM   #1

2004.5 Ford E350 Box Truck Camper Van

2004.5 Ford E350 Box Truck Camper Van 1 Ton cutaway chassis 16K towing capacity
Bulletproofed 6.0 Powerstroke

Chassis and Drivetrain
2004.5 E350 Cutaway Chassis 6.0 Powerstroke with Automatic transmission. Fits in a parking spot!
33" Toyo AT3 tires
Custom Front bumper with Warn M12000
Sony Headunit with subwoofer and back up camera
6.0 Engine is 2004.5 Bulletproofed by the previous owner (have documentation) at 154K miles with ARP Head Studs and new heads and head gaskets, new injectors, oil cooler, updated FICM, 2005 high output oil pressure pump, the FCP and ICP replaced, new glow plugs, cold air intake, Sinister Diesel coolant filter, 5" cat-back exhaust, blue spring installed into engine-side fuel filter housing, complete new engine harness from Ford, and new glow plug harnesses. It also has a mild no-smoke power tune to bring it to around 350 horsepower through a SCT Tuner. I have also used the SCT tuner to firm up the shifts in the Trans. Still has a factory catalectic converter and an upgraded EGR cooler. I was told it passes emissions in Salt Lake City which has the same requirements as California. At around 175K miles the previous owner installed a new Ford factory electric fuel pump. A new turbo with a high performance compressor wheel, and an aftermarket radiator, new main serpentine belt, and belt tensioner were also installed around this time.

The previous owner changed the oil every 3,000 miles with Chevron Delo which is what I have continued to do as well. I have also changed the fuel filters as well as the external transmission filter and coolant filter every 6 months. I have fixed several small issues with the charging circuit since getting the van and have needed to do little else besides fluid changes. It has been my most reliable vehicle I have owned, included are several boxes of spare parts as well.

Box
6.6'W x 6.5'H x 10'L Box
Box has Two large windows and 1 small as well as a side door with fold out ladder
Rear swing out storage rack with ladder for roof access
Roof Rack
Fantastic Fan
Coleman 110v AC unit
Full size bed with 8inch mattress
Cedar tongue and groove ceiling with recessed puck lights on a dimmer switch
All interior walls floor and ceiling were insulated
Roller door is currently bolted shut and walled off for better sound and insulation properties I was eventually going to install a toy hauler door to use as a fold down porch and a lift system for the bed. Currently the bed is bolted in place with an under bed garage of sorts.
300ah of deepcycle house battery connected to the alternator charging circuit. No solar installed yet but I have yet to need it with this battery setup and the minimal load with just lights, fan and the diesel heater.
Vevor Chinese diesel heater 8kW this is not connected to the vehicles fuel tank, It currently has its own separate tank installed on back of van.
Wood laminate flooring throughout box have extra to include as well

Located in Big Sky MT outside of Bozeman asking 20k OBO possibly interested in trades for a hightop van

Originally planned to install a 4x4 conversion and either build out this current box with cabinets and an improved rear door or build a composite box to install on the chassis at the time of a 4x4 conversion. Time has become an issue and I am looking to get something more complete so I can spend my time using the vehicle instead of building it out.

Photo Link
https://imgur.com/a/CVePoXa

snwbrdr435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM   #2

Bumping this up for the spring. Would make a great climbing/biking/river rafting rig.
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #3

Also has a brand new transmission in it as of mid march.
Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM   #4

That's a really cool van and hard to find. Where else have you listed it? Seems like it would move pretty fast especially if you're a little negotiable on the $20k.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #5

As of now just here, facebook, and expedition portal. Have any other suggestions? It seems hard to find one of these with a SRW and not the dually setup. I got a ton of action on it initial when i posted it at the beginning of the winter but then things went stagnant with the end of camping season. It certainly has a lot of potential, I had lots of plans for it but ended up going a different route.
Old Today, 08:41 AM   #6

Here, FB and EP would be my go-to's as well. Maybe some FB groups in addition to Marketplace?

It's a waiting game. It's a unique van. Someone will surface.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote