Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #1

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger
A visit to Mecca (SMB West)

Yesterday I had an air conditioner and a new fan-tastic vent installed in our Sprinter. Our old vent couldn't shut any longer - we would just wait until getting up to speed on the highway would shut it - rattled constantly and made lots of strange noises.

We never had an a/c but it seems over the last 5 years we do less boondocking and more state and federal parks many of which have power. I wanted my Martini's to stay cold longer so voilà - A/C for me!

Sportsmobile is busy, busy! The Ford conversions are taking a new twist with the announced end of production for the Econoline. Ford will still make a cab/chassis model so SMB is converting that using their own custom fiberglass shell. It has an 80" width which is a couple of inches wider than the Econoline.

In California we are going to see the CHP pickup trucks used for inspecting big rigs be replaced by SMB's and they are working on a Unimog model like this for 4-wheelers with the big bucks.

Keith
Attached Thumbnails
m3.jpg  

Old 09-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #2

Re: A visit to Mecca (SMB West)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger

In California we are going to see the CHP pickup trucks used for inspecting big rigs be replaced by SMB's...

Keith
Hi Keith...

Say what? CHP Motor Transport is switching to something made by SMB? Sprinters? Do tell! CA is my old stomping grounds (CA Native ) and let's say I'm involved in commercial enforcement now...sounds interesting!

Jim