Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta
To CC, or not to CC?

I put about 1000 miles on the rig this past week exploring Colorado with it's smooth roads, 13,000 foot passes and boiling hot SW corner. Filling up three times netted me a fuel mileage of 14.5-15mpg. It's never been this high. I would like to think it was all the cooling mods I did making the intercooler more efficient, but most likely it was because I have backed off using the Cruise Control.

Why? Because it's too eager to please. To get from 63mph to 65mph uphill, with the cruise engaged, it will downshift, rev the huge 6.0 engine to 3000rpm, shoot the EGT to 11-1200F, the boost to 23psi thus leaving me at 68mph. This must be wasting huge amounts of fuel. Now when going uphill, I control the throttle and downshifting which I is what I think made the solid 10% improvement.

Z

https://www.tomsinclair.net
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote