Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2017, 06:30 PM   #31

PJ my old rig was a high top with effectively a fixed bed in the back. I don't think it is what you would call "elevated". Personally, I wouldn't elevate the bed above the height to be able to see out the rear window. I always found the view out the back window minimal but very handy. I never 4x4 in that rig but went through plenty of trees; never a problem. Only place we got caught was we passed on some of the low tunnels of the Needles in South Dakota.

Also worth considering is if it is possible to lower any portion of the floor? I'm pretty sure this had been done in my rig and why; I at 6'2" could stand all the way up.

Honestly, if you're going to tear out the interior and swap the roof why not just sell the whole rig and start a new?

Old 03-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #32
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by luked View Post
^^^^ yes! Please
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
^^^ do you have a build thread going? id like to see your setup.
Here's a great shot of van_humboldt aka upadowna that you can follow on instagram for more build thread stuff, I know upadowna is out playing and using his van a lot… he uses his van more than anyone I know for adventures. But adventure is part of his business!

I'm saying this because he has done a ton of cool stuff to his van and may never have the time to actually do a build thread. Upadowna is an incredibly resourceful guy and I love his style.

Cheers
Mark aka MSD
Attached Thumbnails
Van Humbolt aka Steve.jpg  
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote