Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #11

The blow off gun is key, useful for all sorts of little cleanup jobs.

Are the ARB's an oilless compressor? I worry about what sort of junk you could inject into your water lines when blowing them out for winter... was going to go down that road once but changed my mind after reading stories of contaminating your fresh water lines.

basssears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #12

Easy air

This doesn’t apply to everyone but works for me. Picked up a CO2 tank from local welding supply. Smallest one about 10#. Bought an adjustable liquid to gas pressure regulator from Amazon. Tank about size of hand fire extinguisher, easy to mount. At 80F the vapor pressure of CO2 is about 2500 psi. Regulator adjusts from zero to about 300 psi. Great for airing up tires VERY fast, running impact wrenches, blow off guns etc. even used it to power air chisels & small jack hammers when out prospecting cause it’s easy to carry too. Fabulous when used with an air jack to lift vehicles. But really shines with impact wrenches when set at 200 psi. Tank lasts a year or two then just refill at welding shop for 10$. U could do this with small Nitrogen tank too but since it has no liquid the 3000 psi volume doesn’t last long.
Icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:52 PM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
Bought an adjustable liquid to gas pressure regulator from Amazon. Tank about size of hand fire extinguisher, easy to mount. At 80F the vapor pressure of CO2 is about 2500 psi. Regulator adjusts from zero to about 300 psi. Great for airing up tires VERY fast, running impact wrenches, blow off guns etc. even used it to power air chisels & small jack hammers when out prospecting cause it’s easy to carry too.
Very clever!!! Its these types of creative contributions that keep me reading this Forum - Thanks for sharing Icky
Old 12-27-2018, 02:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
This doesn’t apply to everyone but works for me. Picked up a CO2 tank from local welding supply. Smallest one about 10#. Bought an adjustable liquid to gas pressure regulator from Amazon. Tank about size of hand fire extinguisher, easy to mount. At 80F the vapor pressure of CO2 is about 2500 psi. Regulator adjusts from zero to about 300 psi. Great for airing up tires VERY fast, running impact wrenches, blow off guns etc. even used it to power air chisels & small jack hammers when out prospecting cause it’s easy to carry too. Fabulous when used with an air jack to lift vehicles. But really shines with impact wrenches when set at 200 psi. Tank lasts a year or two then just refill at welding shop for 10$. U could do this with small Nitrogen tank too but since it has no liquid the 3000 psi volume doesn’t last long.
Hmmm, this might have just knocked the ARB compressor off my list. Sounds worth giving a try. Thanks for sharing!
whwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:20 PM   #15
Site Team

Garage
A lot of off road folks use power tanks instead of compressors.
Attached Images

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:10 PM   #16

I had no idea they were as powerful or lasted as long. I may have to rethink this.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 04:48 AM   #17

Garage
Yeah, me too.

For those who don't want to make their own, but not for the faint of pocket:
https://powertank.com/
Old 12-28-2018, 06:49 AM   #18

Tank

Don’t have to buy fancy expensive tank. When u go to refill most welding shops trade out ur tank anyway. Just buy regulator & coiled hoses. Get tank from weld shop. Cheap. Paint it if u want to but when empty they will just give u another full tank. Some shops will send ur fancy painted ones off for a refill & u might get it back in a few weeks to a month.
Icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #19

Baja racer guy said don’t bother with air and go with CO2 as much better at inflating tires. More bang for the buck just like tiny cartridges inflating bike tires. Got a Powertank setup and had all 4 aired back up before the other vans even had one aired up. Bitchin.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #20
Site Team

Garage
Most of the guys with these fill theirs at a paint ball store. A local place I get dry ice can also fill a CO2 tank. Guess there are other options though. Yes they're kinda high priced but sure have a bling factor.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote