Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #11

I just went and inspected her. She is a bit too rusty and rough for me. I am going to pass, but here is a link to their CL add.

https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/...949805551.html

Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #12

Modifying a Sportsmobile???

If you are handy and looking to build out a van, I’d offer $2500-$3000 and use the parts from this van. Penthouse tops alone are selling for $1500-$3000, not to mention all the appliances, beds, etc. If the van is good mechanically, I’d buy it and enjoy it for a while to see what you like in a campervan and what you don’t. The only reason this thing hasn’t sold is probably because it was listed as a “Sportwagon.”
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
If you are handy and looking to build out a van, I’d offer $2500-$3000 and use the parts from this van. Penthouse tops alone are selling for $1500-$3000, not to mention all the appliances, beds, etc. If the van is good mechanically, I’d buy it and enjoy it for a while to see what you like in a campervan and what you don’t. The only reason this thing hasn’t sold is probably because it was listed as a “Sportwagon.”
I realize all of that, but the interior is not in very good shape, there is at least 1 tear in the canvas, it is pretty rusty and I would not drive it any distance without spending a lot of time and $ on getting it road worthy. I already have a nice van but mine is a long wheel base and the top from this wouldn't work (or I probably would have purchased it and parted the rest). Anyway, it may be a good buy for someone else, I dont have the time to part it out.
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote