Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #1

Updated EULA and Vendor Information

I have updated the EULA, if you want to read the whole thing, logout and follow the Register link. You do not have to agree again.

Here is the section on forum "Vendor" tags, which I think is relevant to anyone who wants to be a vendor:
Quote:
Vendors are strictly limited on the website. If you make, import, wholesale or otherwise provide any product or service for compensation, or receive any fees, bonuses, product or commission for products, providing links, customers, information, or reviews, you must contact the forum owner (jage) for a vendor tag before actively pursing any business, review, or related activity on the site. Hobbyist manufacturers are encouraged to provide unique goods or services, but also must obtain an appropriate vendor tag.

Vendor tags are simply an identifier, are provided free of charge and must be for a product(s) or service(s) which benefit the forum members.

You may however, conduct yourself freely as a member of the site with no tag, provided you do not advertise or otherwise sell, link to, provide a website for, or engage in any other activity that could be construed as vendor related.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #2

Re: Updated EULA and Vendor Information

Does that mean no active links to other sites like a SMB on Ebay or some cool accessory that we have nothing to do with?
j.whitbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #3

Good question- no it does not. In fact you can link to your own ebay sales if it is an item that you would list in the classifieds. If it's not yours, throw "this isn't mine but..." in the ad, that way people don't wonder.

Posting information on sales, discounts, etc. is fine- as long as you're not involved*. There are a few LED light threads that are a good example of this, many people sharing websites like superbrightleds.com for the benefit of others.

*There are exceptions to that of course, organizing group buys or doing some kind of bulk one time purchase does not require a vendor tag.

The general rule to follow is be up front about whether or not you're involved or just passing on information. I can't say everything will be allowed because we don't need a bunch of Class A junk on here, or people selling Saab parts, but in general if it benefits the community it will fly.

And you can always ask first if you're not sure about something.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #4

Jage, Sorry if I have steped on any toes as thats not my intension. I am a buisness owner that makes my money building custom cabinets for 8 bay front hotels here in San Diego. I have for the past 23 years been building and servicing motorhomes as well as trialers (ie;interiors,) I however now only do interiors for exclusive customers. I am excited to find this forum as it has people that are passionate about there rigs. I wish to only help out and pass on my experiances and knowlage of motorhomes and the inner working of them. I am not a vendor and am not looking to gain anything from this forum but to help out and give/get advise on different types of interiors and designs. I appologize again if I have broken any rules.
Please let me know if you would like me to stop all posts.
Thank you
Jeff Hickey
hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:36 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilson
Yes i am a little biased.....
Topic Split under: Forum problems, comments, suggestions

Updated EULA: Split - Vendor Topic
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...hp?f=23&t=3926

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:49 PM   #6

WARNING! let me give you guys a little history about my experience with a vendor on our forum. I decided to call scott about the hid projector retrofit lights, we had a nice conversation and set up an appointment to have them installed. I drove an hour to his house and while driving their I used my air horn 4 times to tell people to stop texting and pay attention to the road. I spend several hours their getting to spend time with his parents while scott was doing the install, great people! I then went to meet john wintersteller for lunch. I used my horn several times and it was very weak. I told john and after lunch I tried horn, dead. called scott very defense, not my problem, maybe a coincidence but bad attitude. went to Capistrano ford for oil change and while their they found that my fuse had blown on my compressor. two weeks later left for trip am, I mile from house right light went out. got to Monterey called scott he said hes had problems with the balas. cut trip short went back to scott. new balas worked fine.month later, same li9ght went out, called scott and he said put old lights back in. had that done worked fine. put his lights back in send me new balas installed this week still not working. called scott and he told me he did not make a penny on me no warrenty. he said I should buy expensive lights and have someone install them who knows what hes doing. my van is the red one on his site. as far as im concerned his lights and his attitude are both for SHIT1
berns378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:53 PM   #7

Garage

I can't understand what the OP is saying? (perhaps some punctuation and paragraph breaks would help) Scott has no warranty? Most states have laws regarding warranties. If the OP received a written warranty for the parts and labor, it should be pretty clear who pays for what, who does the troubleshooting, etc.

On the other hand, if the OP did not receive a written warranty, than there is NO WARRANTY. I'm guessing that vendors with warranties charge more.

Personally, I hate projector headlights, they BLIND me!