Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Sportsmobile Forum > Community Forums > Member Classifieds
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2023, 09:42 AM   #1

2003 F-450 4x4 Ambulance - 7.3l diesel, 12k winch, pass-through-cab, 4wd - BEND - $28

2003 Ford F450
7.3l Powerstroke Turbo Diesel - 153k miles
4x4 with hi/low range, and manual locking front hubs
Automatic Transmission
Ambulance Box by 'Road Rescue'

Amazing platform to build a camper or overland vehicle. 4x4 Super Duty with the very reliable 7.3l diesel. The truck has a walk-through to the rear ambulance box, which is 68" tall, 13' long, and 8' wide. The box is wired with AC/DC power and lighting throughout, and has a total of 7 locking exterior storage boxes.

This truck also has a reinforced bumper with a 12k lb Warn winch mounted. There are an array of outdoor scene lights and driving lights. The truck sits on a set of high traction Goodyear 225/70/R19.5 with lots of tread left

The truck runs very smooth, and is in great condition all around. I purchased the vehicle directly from the fire service in Washington State, where it was stored indoors and maintained by fire fleet mechanics it's whole life. Ready to go as your adventure vehicle, overland camper, work truck, etc. Lots and lots of features that are hard to find and lots of utility built-in.

Asking $28000
Located in Bend Oregon.

More photos available on the Craigslist ad:

https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/d/be...639512221.html

Jlcanterbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 12:03 PM   #2

I picked this vehicle up myself from it's former home, shown above. When I arrived, the fire chief himself, nice guy named Ernie, was outside washing the vehicle ... on a rainy day! He proceeded to have his guys check tire pressure and all fluids before letting me drive off. They did not have to do this - vehicle was already bought and paid for.
I write this just to illustrate that this vehicle has been in the capable and caring hands of the station where it served. It was stored indoors in the building behind it, and this station (in particular) clearly takes excellent care of their vehicles.
Also, in speaking with Ernie, I inquired him about this vehicle's replacement (as this 2003 was retired due to 20 year age limit), about funding for this type of equipment, etc. These vehicles cost over $250,000 when they are purchased for service. When these vehicles are retired from service, we gain access to all that function and value at a tiny fraction of it's true cost. I kind of view the idea of civilians buying these as a kind of hack to get some of our tax dollars back
I am convinced that the ambulance platform is the no-brainer base for an expedition vehicle. If I didn't own several others, I would be keeping this one and converting it to resell for profit. But right now I have too little time, and too little money, so this untouched beauty becomes available to the highest bidder until I change my mind.
Cheers
Jlcanterbury is offline   Reply With Quote