Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2021, 10:04 AM   #11
CJ

Send a message via Yahoo to CJ
Hunter 79....you serious? interesting offers, if they don't jump back to you I'll be amazed...
Cj

CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 11:21 AM   #12
bdd

One picture and a paragraph description? I am in for 165k
bdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:14 PM   #13

Times like this when I wish we could give reactions to posts...

I'm just sitting here wondering how one can put $120K into a van build...
IanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:23 PM   #14

I'm about as serious as the seller. lol
Hunter79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:46 PM   #15

This is a great thread and I rarely post comments
Doug-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd View Post
One picture and a paragraph description? I am in for 165k
jajaja

But seriously, knowing nothing about this van other than what the owner wrote, if we (and by "we" I mean all of you, the knowledgeable / informed owners and builders on this site) assume that this van is bulletproofed and truly in good solid condition (no rust, all maintenance records, etc.), what is the estimated actual market value of this van?

I also just realized he didn't specifically mention if this is a 4x4. I'm extremely uneducated on this topic, did the OP write something that indicates to those who speak the language that this is a 4x4?

I know about 5% more than nothing, so I'll start:

An even 100K??

I love the quote "I have kids that want it bad"...but evidently for the right price, they can go pound sand!
Doug-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:41 PM   #17

Sorry folks….it’s taken a bit for me to figure out to get to this post. Must be an old person thing and I apologize that I’ve been quite busy and not dedicated the time. For some of those questions…
- Yes it’s been Bulletproofed the second time with new parts… a requirement when I replaced the injectors 1/2020
- Front and rear ARB lockers
- Power top installed at Fresno SMB with bed
- Dual 4D Batteries for house power
- 270 amp alternator
- CR Lawerence tip out windows
- Extra 4 Toyo tires and 2 spares. 4 fuel cans.
- Bear proof boxes for rack mounting.
- Dual ladders …Aluminess rack, rear box, ladders and rear bumper
- Trail Ready all steel front bumper
- 4 Maxtrax
- Espar diesel heater for chilly mornings
- Isotherm top load fridge and wired for ARB inside and rear boot
- Superwinch and other rescue gear
- Smuggler box
- JWSpeaker heated LED headlights and PIAA driving and long distance off road lights
- Xantrex inverter, battery monitor and lots of USB outlets. All interior lightning is LED
I could could go on and on but this was a custom build…the interior can be ripped and built the way anyone wants. Can be painted any color because I’ve certainly scratched that during my trips. I built this for one reason only although I used it quite a bit to travel the country. It crawls very well in tough areas in California, Utah and Arizona…never been stuck in the Northwest Territories in blizzards. Travels well across the country but really should have different treads for fuel mileage. Always managed about 17 miles per gallon in Canada due to the speed limits. As I said this is nothing more than an age related sale. Any serious inquiries will need to be through email since I obviously have trouble with the classifieds access. I can provide and photos you might need. Located in Salt Lake City…no smoking van but a dog van. I won’t a price on it because it needs to be seen and driven and negotiated. It won’t be cheap but it won’t be the price of those Sprinters. There’s lots of parts for these rigs.
lonepeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:11 PM   #18

I did post additional info but no telling where it ended up. Serious inquires can email/pm me. I can provide more details and photos…this is not an average run of the mill unit.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:49 PM   #19

Whatever…

I can see that people really want a price….for those of you that wonder how you can invest 120k in a van , just try and go out and buy a built van right now. Better yet just try to source parts to build. You’ll get a Sprinter for a lot more money and one that can’t really handle what one of these old Econoline E350 vans on a truck frame can do. If there’s interest I start at 80k….meticulous maintenance due to where I travel.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:18 PM   #20

Really...you must be an expert in detecting scams. I've been on this site a number of years and Ive spent a lot of money sourcing parts on these classifieds. You should really contact a person directly before you try to tarnish them.