Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2021, 10:06 AM   #1

Help

Sent my 98 7.3l alternator & mounting bracket to a group called Amptech in Ft. Worth. A fellow named Matt Moreno said they likely built the entire 3 battery linkage as OEM in 98. In June of this year, I sent him the alternator with bracket (bracket @ his request!) for rebuild. Last communication from him was in early July. Summer is passing with no van. (Actually, no alternator & mount bracket.) Cannot get return communication with this fellow. Suggestions please. Thanx des

hsmllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:20 AM   #2

sent you a PM
Old 07-28-2021, 10:41 AM   #3

Garage
I just dialed the number supplied by Google -(817) 590-0700 - and a guy answered the phone with "Amp-Tech",,,I just hung up without engaging in any conversation.
Suggest you try the same, and if they have caller ID and are ignoring you when they see its you calling then send me a PM > I'll gladly give them a call on your behalf to see if that helps.
Just verify the phone number you've been trying and the address (below) is where you actually shipped your Alt & bracket to.
2554 Gravel Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76118
Old 07-28-2021, 11:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
I just dialed the number supplied by Google -(817) 590-0700 - and a guy answered the phone with "Amp-Tech",,,I just hung up without engaging in any conversation.
Suggest you try the same, and if they have caller ID and are ignoring you when they see its you calling then send me a PM > I'll gladly give them a call on your behalf to see if that helps.
Just verify the phone number you've been trying and the address (below) is where you actually shipped your Alt & bracket to.
2554 Gravel Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76118
LOL! I did the same thing right before posting my PM sent message.
I spoke to Matt for about 5 mins regarding Des's situation. He said he was going to call Des today regarding his order. It will be interesting to hear what happens.

Man, we have one proactive, caring community here. Thank you
Old 07-28-2021, 02:59 PM   #5

This thread reminds me of that scene in the movie Fight Club when they drag the mayor into the bathroom stall and end by saying,"do no eff with us".

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:10 PM   #6

See this all the time on the forums. Someone (lurker) blaming a vendor for poor communication. Often it turns out they should just pick up the phone and call. Call often. Leave a message if needed.

Many small businesses don't rely on email or social media. Good for them. We all should be a little more patient and less reliant on instant communication.

Regardless, they should respond more quickly. I've been there countless times and it is frustrating but I'll never ask random people on internet to help me resolve a communication issue. Then again I have local resources that I can just stop by their shop to get the scoop. I'm fortunate that way.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:21 PM   #7

Thanx for your efforts. The phone # I used worked 2months ago, no problems. I sent item & after receipt confirmation no response to emails or messages. I will use your # in A.M. Thank you & I'll let you know results.

des
Old 07-28-2021, 06:30 PM   #8

I appreciate the responses & now have an updated proven phone # thanx to other responders. It's the help I needed. Was I, in someway incorrect? The # & email I had were unresponsive after initial submission of item. Not even validation of receipt. So "lurking" produced a different & valid #. 3 responses are proving positive. Only yours is negative. I did not wish to offend anyone, simply needed, as stated, help. Help recv'd. Thank you gentlemen.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #9

It's an observation based my personal bias. Negative or positive is your perception. No one should be offended. Someone else did a Google search for you. You thanked them. End of story. You'll find much better or worse things happening here on the internet. The longer you stay the thicker your skin will get. It's all just words and images floating on a digital screen.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 06:39 PM   #10

Re: Help, To clarify, alternator was sent to vendor May 17 with agreed 2 week turnabout.The phone #'s forwarded to me by members of this forum do indeed match the number I was using. In June I talked with Matt twice, both times promise of call back next day to confirm progress. Nothing. From then until last week all calls went to anwer machine. I left message requesting call back. Nothing. Last week I reached out to this forum for & received help. Two members called Matt & 1 discussed the problem. I called same number & Matt picked up. He's not sure what happened to my alternator & promised a return call after due diligence. Nothing. Seems 2.5 months is adequate prior to requesting help. To those who called Matt, thank you. It's helping.

des