Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Sportsmobile Forum > Community Forums > Member Classifieds
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2023, 11:19 PM   #1

SOLD: 4x4 Sportmobile | 2008 Chevy EB3500 | Duramax Diesel | Penthouse Top | EB50

I’m the second owner of this somewhat rare Sportmobile built on a 2008 Chevy 3500EB with Duramax 6.6 Diesel and Quigley 4x4 conversion with 3-inch lift. I bought the rig with about 37k miles on the clock in 2017 and we have spent the last 6 years traveling all over the west enjoying many great family adventures in the van. I recently bought a new 2023 144 sprinter camper van which will suite my wife and I better in our future travels and am looking for a new home for the Sportsmobile with someone who will enjoy it as much as we have.

The conversion was performed by Sportsmobile West (now Field Van) by the original owner in 2009. The van was built with the popular EB50 layout, which has seat belts for 6 and can sleep up to 5 people using the included cab bed. At the time the van was built the owner spared no expense and it includes just about every option available from Sportsmobile West (see below for a complete list of equipment). The van is in excellent mechanical condition with less than 66k miles. The body is clean and free of rust with paint in very good condition all around. Everything in the interior is original and works as designed with what I would consider normal wear and tear for a van of this age.

I'm asking $95,000 for the van and am posting it in the Member forum here first before listing on Craigs list or any other sites, because I know this community will properly appreciate what it is. I've upload some exterior and interior photos, but have lots more if anyone is interested. If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them here or feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Equipment List:
• Power Operated Sportsmobile Pop-top
• 285/70R17 BFG KO2 Tires mounted on custom rims (new in 2018)
• Bilstein shocks all around (front shocks replaced in 2021)
• Spare Tire (New) with bike carrier
• 120-Watt Rooftop Solar Panel with MPPT charge controller (new in 2017)
• 210 AH Lifeline AGM battery (replaced in 2017)
• 2000-watt Xantrax inverter
• 16.5 Gallon Fresh water tank (Interior)
• 20 Gallon Grey water tank (Exterior)
• Flat Plate water heater
• Interior
• Exterior Shower
• Dometic Portable Toilet (new in 2017)
• Norcold NR751BB 2.7 Cu Ft DC Refrigerator (replaced in 2022)
• Danhard Compact A/C
• Espar Airtronic Heater (Diesel)
• Alpine iLX-W650 radio with apple car play (new in 2020)
• Front and Rear Cameras (new in 2020)
• weBoost 4G-X RV Cell Booster (new in 2017)
• Aluminess bumpers front and rear
• Aluminess Safari Rack
• Aluminess side ladder
• Aluminess Storage box and rear tire carrier
• Custom Nerf Bars
• Aftermarket HID Headlights
• Hella Driving and Backup lights
• Smittybilt XRC 12K lb Winch
• Winch with synthetic line
• Fiamma F45 Awning
• Custom Bug Screens and Window Covers
• Butane single burner portable stove
• 3rd Captains chair (removable)
• Door mounted Kitchen box (removable)
• Loincoin floor
• Custom interior carpeting
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0540.jpeg   IMG_4708.jpeg   IMG_2503.jpeg   IMG_2509.jpeg   IMG_2517.jpeg  

IMG_2529.jpeg   IMG_2526.jpeg   IMG_2524.jpeg   IMG_2514.jpeg   IMG_2531.jpg  

MongooseC64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 06:37 AM   #2

Very nice - if I didn't already have my 2002 SMB - I'd be knocking on your door ! -- good luck with the sale !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 08:38 PM   #3

Wish I had the $$$ for this. Just curious about a couple of things. What kind of mileage did you guys get with that motor and the mild lift? How does the 3rd captain chair mount? Looks like the door cabinet interferes with the mount when it's not in place? Is it one or the other, but not both? Or is it just perspective and door cabinet and 3rd captain chair exist in harmony?
Michael_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 09:46 PM   #4

I'd say driving 70-75 on the freeway we usually average somewhere around 15-16mpg. The 3rd captain chair mounts to the floor using a quick release mechanism. You're right you can either have the door cabinet in or the extra captains seat, but not both at the same time. Swapping back and forth only takes a couple minutes so I usually switch it up depending on how many passengers we were planning on having for a given trip.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:37 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Man, This brings back some memories, Best van I ever had, mine was a 2006 and I put 350000 miles on the Dura Max. So smooth with the long wheel base. The build is in the home build threads. GLWTS
Beautiful SMB.

Ron
Old 05-10-2023, 10:01 AM   #6

Ron,
The Van has been great for our family for sure and eats up the Highway miles while still being good off road. I knew with only 66k miles on it that it had a lot of adventures ahead of it, but I'm really impressed to hear you put 350k on yours. I'm sure that's a ton of great memories for you!
Old 05-12-2023, 05:40 AM   #7

That's a beauty. I own a 2003 7.3 SMB 4x4 and a 2006 Duramax SMB and I have to say the Chevy Duramax is more of a pleasure to drive. Relatively quiet, powerful, and excellent ride quality...drives more like a car. Good luck with the sale.
MauiSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 06:13 PM   #8

Smile Van has sold!

I just wanted to do quick post to let everyone on this thread know I sold the van earlier this week to a wonderful family in the Flagstaff area. So I suspect that it might make a somewhat regular appearance at overland expo. If you see the new owners at the local trail or ski hill be sure to say hi. Although I no longer own a Sportsmobile having swapped for a Storyteller (see pic) I love this forum and will still be lurking around if anyone wants to get in touch.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2341.jpeg  

Tags
4x4 sportsmobile, chevy 3500, duramax diesel, for sale