Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2023, 03:44 PM   #1

WTB - Items for RB RB-50

Hey all. Just picked up a pop top RB-50 and checking if anyone has these items laying around and might want to unload. I'm in San Diego.

MG Kit. Any related items. Already shortened fuel tank would be great!

Front and rear bumpers. Any year, if it's for the newer front end maybe I'll do a clip swap.

Barn door storage/chuck box

Hit me up on DM

Thanks

clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 07:11 PM   #2

I have two fenders, chrome grille and core support for the clip swap if interested. Also a chrome rear step bumper. In Long Beach. PM me if interested.
Old 01-12-2023, 08:37 PM   #3

Diesel or gas? If diesel I'd go to Jake at Aerotanks for a tank. I bought one years ago but sold that van. I plan to hit him up again pretty soon.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 08:12 AM   #4

Garage
I have a brand new custom cut carpet for the RB50 floorplan. SMB made it for me as a spare. Never used it. Brown.

In Santa Barbara.
Old 01-13-2023, 06:39 PM   #5

I'm done with diesel for now. Sold my 7.3 and loving the 5.4 so far. I had called up to Aero tanks but they didn't pick up. Anyone know why they can't sell the 40 Gal in CA? I mean will they check at the smog check for an aftermarket tank?

Jeffery - Interior is gray but someone else may need it!
Old 01-13-2023, 08:15 PM   #6

Garage
Rugs don't have to match the walls!
Old 01-14-2023, 11:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark View Post
I'm done with diesel for now. Sold my 7.3 and loving the 5.4 so far. I had called up to Aero tanks but they didn't pick up. Anyone know why they can't sell the 40 Gal in CA? I mean will they check at the smog check for an aftermarket tank?

Jeffery - Interior is gray but someone else may need it!
The gasoline tank (any gasoline tank and any engine modification part) needs to be CARB compliant/certified for sale in CA. If Jake gets caught he is out of business and heavily fined. That is why he does not sell gasoline tanks in CA. If the smog inspection station looks at the tank and it does not have the CARB certification sticker, the vehicle will be failed.

TransferFlow makes/made a tank that is CARB compliant and comes with a sticker stating the CARB compliance #. There are different certification #'s for various range of model years. The TF 46 gal (41 usable) is proprietary to SMB (I guess Field Vans now) and Quadvan in Portland. The tank from QuadVan IF they have one for your model year was ~$3k last time I checked. QVan has to buy them in min qty of 5, so he is not to keen about doing them anymore.

Another consideration is when selling the van. If sold in and to be registered in CA, the seller is responsible for smog inspection. An aftermarket non CARB approved tank /mods would create problems.
Old 01-14-2023, 12:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
The TF 46 gal (41 usable) is proprietary to SMB (I guess Field Vans now) and Quadvan in Portland.
Ray do you know if Field Vans sells them separately?
SteelheadJones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelheadJones View Post
Ray do you know if Field Vans sells them separately?
Pretty sure they do not, but things change. In the past they only sold them with a build.
Old 01-16-2023, 11:19 AM   #10

Just talked with Aerotanks. He said some folks have an issue with the check engine light with the gas tanks. I called and left a VM at Field vans to ask about their tank also.