Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2024, 09:43 AM   #1

Yakima Roof Rack - Towers ?

Greetings --

My 2002 SMB E350 has an original - to 2002 - Yakima roof rack with 6 towers that attach to the roof rails. They're getting a little bit aged - and unfortunately I don't have a "key" to unlock and adjust the towers. My Yakima setup is the "RailRider" 1 version.

Wondering if anyone out there has such a key and could make a dupe to send to me - or possibly send their key to try the fit ? I know there might be many different keys out there - but if your rack is vintage 2002 - I'm hoping it would be the fit I'm looking for ? I'd cover any postage, etc., if anyone responds ! Appreciate any assistance on this !

Thanks !

doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 10:38 AM   #2

Garage
Hey DoubleVan2, I recently went through something similar when I picked up a used bed cap for my F150. I went to a "local" REI and they let me take their "master" set of keys out to the parking lot and run through an assortment until I found the one that matched. For about $15 I left with two keys and a blank to allow me to pull out the cores. Any Dealer of Yakima racks would probably have a similar key assortment to try.

Good luck!
Old 03-04-2024, 09:02 AM   #3

Thanks Steve C -- I'll check it out - thank you !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 03:07 PM   #4

depending on where you are, you might have try rack attack too: https://www.rackattack.com/?msclkid=...af95bed0704002
WillTheThri11 is offline   Reply With Quote