WE have driven HWY 1 (West Coast) twice in our lives(sleeping in an MDX and tenting it) and hope to do it several more times b/c it was so diverse and fun..though the 4x4 isn't needed as if you were on the back roads in Moab, we are thinking it is a perfect SMB cruise for sure...in fact, my wife was pretty much sold on the SMB on our second trip...at the La Push campground, don't remember name..she got to talk to a wife of an SMB couple (we know, women don't really trust us ever)and got all her questions and concerns answered, see the interior etc...So...What (for those of us that have done it, most of it, some of it...admittedly we turned left/E at Eureka 1st trip, then Mill Valley second)what's your top ten reasons...AND PICS!! I am going to dig mine out and post...
1. Neah Bay/Cape Flattery area...camping on the beach, before the local Tribe was given the land.
3. Redwood Natl. Park
4. Gold Bluffs Beach/camping
5. Point Reyes Natl. Seashore(everything about it)
6. La Push with all it's Vampire wannabe's and camping on the beach, lot, CG
7. Tillamook Dairy, Tillamook, OR (AND beef jerky, the BEST!!)
8. Pacific Seafood Co. FRESH!!!!!
9.Tolowa Dunes (getting purposely lost in the Dunes for fun and pics
10. Produce stands everywhere!!