Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie56
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeasBugs
Changed the oil and filters today. I only found 5 lube points (zerks) is that right or did I miss some?
That is all I was able to find.
I only found 4. Do you mind telling me where all 5 are? I would describe the four I found, but I'm pretty clueless in the names of the various parts/equipment.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #172

Send a message via MSN to Velogeo
There's one on the doohickey. I think there's two on the spinny things.... Wait, I don't think I'm helping.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #173

Awesome. If you know where the doohickys and spiny things are put in in a new thread so it won't get buried here, and I can sticky it.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #174

This almost went in the small projects thread, but moving it back so far from the wheel meant using a jack and some clamps to align and there was (by design) drilling involved. However this is one of the easiest mods I've done.

All I need to do is grip tape the rungs and it will be perfect.

**Note the plate is in FRONT of the body seam on the bottom. The directions clearly show it behind the body seam, however since it fit under the body on the seam at high as it would behind, putting it on the seam instead of behind it distributes the load into the seam instead of into two bolts. Use at your own risk! (Also remember each fit is different.)
Old 11-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #175

Yeah super easy to install on our EB too. Took about 20 mins. We put ours in the normal spot a little closer to the fender flare.

Shoot, i installed ours the same way as you (outside of the seem)... i didnt even think about it. Oh well, i think it works better in outside because of the side load i put on it when first getting on the ladder.
2003 Baja Tan SMB EB DYO 7.3 Diesel

Tread Lightly! Trainer
Pack it in Pack it Out>>>> https://www.trasharoo.com
adventureduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:25 PM   #176
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
This almost went in the small projects thread, but moving it back so far from the wheel meant using a jack and some clamps to align and there was (by design) drilling involved. However this is one of the easiest mods I've done.

All I need to do is grip tape the rungs and it will be perfect.

**Note the plate is in FRONT of the body seam on the bottom. The directions clearly show it behind the body seam, however since it fit under the body on the seam at high as it would behind, putting it on the seam instead of behind it distributes the load into the seam instead of into two bolts. Use at your own risk! (Also remember each fit is different.)
Jage,

What are the two metal mounts on the driver's side roof gutter, and the one on the rear? Tie down points for an awning?

Herb
Old 11-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #177

Homemade gutter clamps. Originally for the rear screen project, I put the "extras" along the driver's side after using the bungee to support a small tarp. I have photos but I've been procrastinating posting the project.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #178
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Homemade gutter clamps. Originally for the rear screen project, I put the "extras" along the driver's side after using the bungee to support a small tarp. I have photos but I've been procrastinating posting the project.
So many "Jage, get out of the gutter jokes", so little time...

Herb
Old 11-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #179

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33
Installed the Thule Slipstream:

Details:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2056

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #180

I cleaned out the rear storage compartment where the Espar furnace lives. After 2.5 years it was very dusty in there. And the "fresh" air intake for the furnace is in this compartment so the heated air should smell better now too... As noted in the Espar heater thread, I had the glow pin and fuel screen changed recently so I figured before I put all the stuff back in this storage area, now was a good time to clean it and better seal it against dust as well.

The photos are here:

http://www.pbase.com/railbat/esparheater

Brian