Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2017, 02:33 AM   #1

Advice Request - Should I buy it this van?

I spotted two vans for sale online recently. I have been interested in going the van route for quite awhile but haven't had the funds until recently. Budget is still tight but I figured I could get in with something I can work on myself. I'm pretty handy and have a better half that is also mechanically inclined, possibly even more so than myself.

I need the community's advice on if or which of these vans I should purchase, what to look out for, or any other wise suggestions for someone that has never owned a 4x4 van before.

The first I actually had a chance to take a look at. Some surface spot rusting, expecially around the slapped on rear mirror and rear lift gate. This van is the 5.4L gas with a little over 200k miles and RWD. Guy is selling it for 5200, but I'm going to offer lower.

https://lexington.craigslist.org/pts...221976343.html

The second is an ad for an already converted Quigley. I have not looked at this one in person but the pictures look to be similar in body condition as the previous van. I inquired with the seller and they indicated it does move forward under its own power and has a 4l80e transmission with the rest of the converted drivetrain being from an 04 silverado. The quigley conversion added front electronic lockers. Is there anything else I should ask about this van?

2005 Chevrolet Express 4x4 Quigley extended power locks

Thanks for the help!
AtlasMick is offline   Reply With Quote