Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #1

Delivery options on the site?

Hi guys, new to the site. I am in the process of purchasing a high top sportsmobile based in southern california. I used to ramble around with an off-road trailer that I built (pics attached below), but I just had my first kid, and am now very excited about upgrading to something that's a little easier to deploy on-the-go!

I have been a silent observer for a while on this forum and have seen a few instances where folks on this forum will deliver a sportsmobile for someone else if it works for their schedule. I thought I would reach out and see if anybody is interested in driving from Colorado to California and back.

My dodge ram 2500 needs to get driven from Denver, CO to Lake Arrowhead, CA where it will be dropped off. Then, I need the Sportsmobile to get picked up near the coast, back to Lake Arrowhead to link up a 6000lb boat, and then back to Denver (the southern route thru AZ / NM to avoid mountain passes).

The other option is for someone based in so cal to drive the van plus boat out to CO, and the truck back.

My work schedule is crazy and I can't see time doing this in the next month. I thought I would see if anybody on this forum who has a lot of experience, is based in Denver and possibly interested in this.

Regardless of whether I am able to get help on driving the sportsmobile out to Denver or not, I'm stoked to join the community!
Attached Thumbnails
t1.jpg  
Attached Images

blynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:57 AM   #2

I'm confused. How does one drive a van and boat as well as a pickup truck at the same time? It sounds like you need a team of people. Why are you attempting such a logistical challenge?
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:05 AM   #3

My dodge truck needs to get from CO to CA where it will be dropped off. The van plus a boat needs to get back from CA to CO. It's just a round trip - could either take
A) dodge from CO out to CA first and then van plus boat back, or could take
B) the van plus boat from CA to CO and then the dodge back to CA.

Agree it's a logistical challenge, but most things are when you have a need to move vehicles and trailers across multiple states!

Thanks for looking - figure it's a long shot and I will end up doing myself in a month or so, but thought it would be worth posting about!
Old 02-05-2020, 09:18 AM   #4

What is your budget? $1000? $1500?
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:26 AM   #5

Yes, somewhere around that range.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #6

Does your budget include fuel, hotels? Or are you planning on paying for fuel and hotels then offer $1,000-$1,500 for the time to the driver?
Old 02-05-2020, 11:09 AM   #7

Also, how does one get from Lake Arrowhead to where the van is? It's about a 2 hour drive to the coast.

There are several people on here that will likely chime in to help out. But they will have many questions.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:42 AM   #8

Getting from Lake Arrowhead to San Clemente or vice/versa (depending on which route) will just mean that I call you an uber and pay for that myself. They are readily available for that trip.

Regarding pricing, I threw together an ad on u-ship and have some responses for around $1800 all inclusive. If anybody here is interested, I certainly would be willing to hear what you think is a fair # without expenses and I can pay for hotel / gas etc.

Thanks guys for the feedback!
Old 02-05-2020, 05:02 PM   #9

UPDATE: my cousin is now heading from Denver to CA and will drive my truck.

So - if anyone is interested in going from San Clemente to Denver (through Lake Arrowhead to pick up a boat trailer) - let me know! Otherwise I will probably pick it up in a few weeks. Just let me know what you think would be a fair price if anybody is interested. Thanks for looking
Old 02-13-2020, 07:09 PM   #10

I'd do it just for kicks and $1800.00 of course but I do not like driving others cars. By the way Arrowhead to San Clemente is about 2 hours as stated depending on what time of day and day. What side of the lake and what part of San Clemente. It can get as much as 5 hours during the week! Don't leave San Clemente on a Friday at 3pm and expect to be there by 7pm!.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delivery, driving, job, sportsmobile, travel