Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2021, 06:38 PM   #1

Pictures and opinions

Pictures and opinions.. Is it ok for a mechanic to leave this much bolt on products out in the street in a downtown city?
Attached Thumbnails
477A8B58-8A36-4832-BE9D-EA737818F920.jpg   0B3F9F89-26D9-487C-BB5D-7BAA756C6BA1.jpg   89A8EB11-FFA6-4462-A6EB-E0F2E9E9FD0B.jpg  

Sporkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:45 PM   #2

Not really sure what you are asking. Is it your van? What city?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:23 PM   #3

With the theft rate of sportsmobiles (and with what they typically strip off) I don’t feel this is proper stewardship.. maybe it’s just my opinion, but whatever.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:59 PM   #4

Apparently the issue is the shop left the SM on the street for overnight parking. I would be very hesitant about doing this with any vehivle but apparently OP assumed it would stay in the gate and did not ask before hand?
posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 10:28 PM   #5

Once you’ve dropped it off, and signed the work authorization, the shop is 100% responsible for anything that happens even if they choose to leave it on the street. Maybe ask them nicely if their insurance covers theft or damage for on-street storage. They’ll either figure out what you’re getting at and fix the situation, or they’ll try to claim some BS that they aren’t responsible. Which 1) legally is not true regardless of waivers signed, and 2) is a pretty strong warning that they shouldn’t be trusted with your rig.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:52 PM   #6
Site Team

Garage
Even in a secured outside lot you might not be covered for damage. I didn't read the fine print and had a dealership leave my van outside when I specifically asked that it never be put outside (even in a locked area) during the repairs. It was trashed and they refused to pay for any damages. I was surprised to find many dealerships may not cover damage inside any of their areas including inside their shop. The dealership who did this was going out of business so it probably made a difference. Just check.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:14 AM   #7

Garage
May we PLEASE have a rotate image function!
Old 05-10-2021, 07:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkchop View Post
With the theft rate of sportsmobiles (and with what they typically strip off) I don’t feel this is proper stewardship.. maybe it’s just my opinion, but whatever.
But who's van is it? You still didn't say. If it's yours sure I'd be pissed. We don't know whose it is though. Could be the owner. Could be between owners. Could be Photoshopped. Could be the next Tesla.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:37 AM   #9
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Looks like it’s already been stripped of its front end……[emoji6]
If that’s your van, then yes I’d be concerned with it just sitting out on the street like that, especially overnight, maybe even more so with it’s front end torn apart, but at least no one is driving away with it in that condition. What are you having done?
I always make it a priority to ask and let any shop know I’d prefer my van to be locked up and inside, or at the least in their secured lot.
Whether the shop is responsible or not, it’s still your van and it’s contents that would be violated if something were to happen.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
But who's van is it? You still didn't say. If it's yours sure I'd be pissed. We don't know whose it is though. Could be the owner. Could be between owners. Could be Photoshopped. Could be the next Tesla.
not my van.