Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2021, 08:50 AM   #1

Replace single T-vent pane on CRL FW626L window?

Has anyone had luck getting a local glass shop to replace a broken single T-Vent pane on a CR Lawrence FW626L window? I got a response on Facebook saying that someone in Montana had done that, but most indicated that I'd have to replace the entire CRL side window on my 2011 SMB Sprinter 2500. Apparently the pane is glued onto the metal frame and crank-out levers.

No damage to the frame or screen, all parts recovered. Window pane either was just tired of life or hit by a small piece of gravel on the highway, just shattered with no impact noise. Thanks!

Old 12-06-2021, 07:47 AM   #2
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Even though I'm in the auto/truck glass business finding a replacement part only for an aftermarket unit of that age will be difficult at best. The glass pieces are not something commonly used in our trade, the tint shade being a large hurdle too.

Someone else may have good luck having a new piece made and hopefully they're chime in here. 1Der is a re-seller for CR Laurence so he may have quite a bit more input than myself.

Good luck with this!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 07:59 PM   #3

Thanks everyone, and in particular 1Der! Even though he was overseas when I contacted him, he was able to order the exact part from CRL and have it shipped to my house. Today he came over and we completed a very fussy fitting job with the minimum of hassle and maximum of good cheer. Happy New Year indeed!
Old 01-04-2022, 09:19 AM   #4

I didn't shoot a video because we were slowly figuring out how the CRL part fit into the overall window assembly, but here's the basics:

This was the forward (left as you look at the window) T-vent that was broken.

We had to pull the crank-out assembly from the inside, only requiring drilling out one small rivet. This process is documented on YouTube, where a CRL crankout arm is being modified to open the T-vent further than stock.

The T-vent replacement could then be put in place by pressing the "hooked" top metal bar into the slot on the window frame.

The crankout arm was then reinstalled with the little disc sliders being pressed into the metal guides that are glued to the glass -- a two-person job for sure! Small rivet replaced and all was good.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:05 PM   #5

Well dang it! I wanna live close to Ray too.