Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2019, 11:44 AM   #1

Help Leveling Out 07' E350 Xlt Extended Van??

Hello!
New to the forum and figured I should probably post a thread on this subject rather than trying to jump in on a bunch of old ones...
We recently bought our first van; an 07 ford e350xlt extended van with the RSC and advancetrack feature, 69k miles on her!
Ive got the interior squared away for the time being to haul our dirtbikes/camping goodies/etc and comfortably sleep 4.

Now Id like to get some bigger A/T tires on her and put a leveling kit on the front so Ive been scouring the internet trying to see what other people have done and it doesn't seem very cut and dry...Below is a combination of parts that Ive found through various threads and I was wondering/hoping someone on here might have some suggestions or experience with them in this same regard.
level kit https://fordpartsone.com/products/e2...10590310662259
bigger coils https://www.amazon.com/Moog-CC880-Co.../dp/B000C59UYU
longer front shocks to the front https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
steering stabalizer https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/e...tabilizer-kit/

I'm hoping that the minimal 2" lift in the front wont disrupt the RSC sensors and will still allow for the larger diameter tires I want to run.
Ive also read some intimidating stuff regarding getting the van aligned after leveling or lifting it...any info on that would be extremely helpful as well.
Thank you in advance for anyone taking the time to help - it is much appreciated!
-Chase

chaserracer888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:59 PM   #2

Garage
Since you are in SOCAL, you have several options. Weldtec Designs can do the lift or sell you the components, and they have a shop they use for alignment. I'd assume Agile Offroad could do it as well.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:50 AM   #3

@Chase, let us know which size of tires you are looking for.

If you targeting 265/75/16 then you might not need any lift if your coils are not sagged.

Looking for a maximum of 1 5/8" of front lift would need longer springs not necessarily stronger. Stonger once will harshen the ride.
For you rig the Moog CC880s would be instead of the CC880. They are much stronger.

Alignment after lift is allway needed independant which kind of lift you are doing.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marret View Post
Since you are in SOCAL, you have several options. Weldtec Designs can do the lift or sell you the components, and they have a shop they use for alignment. I'd assume Agile Offroad could do it as well.
Hey thanks for the response! - I chatted with the guys at Weldtec in depth and they are good dudes, no doubt. They also make high end equipment that I cannot afford and they actually no longer offer the leveling kit. Their subsequent lift and tires/wheel combo was nearly $5k out the door for my van.

@martinli
"@Chase, let us know which size of tires you are looking for.
If you targeting 265/75/16 then you might not need any lift if your coils are not sagged.
Looking for a maximum of 1 5/8" of front lift would need longer springs not necessarily stronger. Stonger once will harshen the ride.
For you rig the Moog CC880s would be instead of the CC880. They are much stronger.
Alignment after lift is allway needed independant which kind of lift you are doing."

@martinli Thank you also for responding here! I have kind of narrowed the list down to these items if I can get away with it:
-2” level kit https://fordpartsone.com/products/e2...10590310662259
-longer front shocks to accommodate the lift https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
-steering stabilizer to eliminate or help with the "floating" sensation https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Thoughts?...
Old 09-04-2019, 10:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinli View Post
@Chase, let us know which size of tires you are looking for.

Alignment after lift is allway needed independant which kind of lift you are doing.

So after reading into these, it looks like just these springs alone https://www.amazon.com/Moog-CC880S-C.../dp/B000C57UOC will give the van up to 1.5" of lift from stock height...?

If I also add that 2" spacer kit, does it then turn into a 3.5" lift and in turn make alignment very difficult to correct i.e expensive...
Old 09-04-2019, 10:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaserracer888 View Post

If I also add that 2" spacer kit, does it then turn into a 3.5" lift and in turn make alignment very difficult to correct i.e expensive...
You'd need to do one or the other.....doing both will most likely give you a scenario where it's impossible to align the van.

BB
BrianBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBlair View Post
You'd need to do one or the other.....doing both will most likely give you a scenario where it's impossible to align the van.

BB
Yup.

I did the springs only on mine. The 1.5" lift from that is plenty for 265 tires.

Going much more, you'll run into alignment constraints. And also you'll develop saggy-butt syndrome since its an EB.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
Yup.

I did the springs only on mine. The 1.5" lift from that is plenty for 265 tires.

Going much more, you'll run into alignment constraints. And also you'll develop saggy-butt syndrome since its an EB.

Thanks for the feedback!
So would it be Springs alone then? https://www.amazon.com/Moog-CC880S-C...VZKPH277YVF8WT or can I get away with the springs and shocks without buggering up the alignment too bad?

Its a 2007 and these front shocks appear/feel older than the rears on the van and warrant replacing so I want to make sure and get the proper shock for the project.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:17 PM   #9

Correct. Those are the ones you want for that much lift. For a bone stock van with the 5.4L, it will feel stiffer. But at least it won't bottom out anymore off-road. It's ideal on the V10's and diesels, or vans with heavy steel front bumper.

Stock length shocks will work with this spring. Any good monotube will be fine. I have KYB, but Bilstein, Fox etc are all good.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
Correct. Those are the ones you want for that much lift. For a bone stock van with the 5.4L, it will feel stiffer. But at least it won't bottom out anymore off-road. It's ideal on the V10's and diesels, or vans with heavy steel front bumper.

Stock length shocks will work with this spring. Any good monotube will be fine. I have KYB, but Bilstein, Fox etc are all good.

Great info man - thank you!
In your opinion, if I show up to a shop with the springs, shocks, steering stabilizer, wheels and tires - what would you think is a reasonable price for installation and alignment out the door?...would be cool to have a baseline idea before calling the local shop for pricing. You guys have been a huge help!