Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #21

Re: RB vs. EB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
I also barely fit on my car port. That was something I didn't figure in when I ordered the van...thought I was in trouble but it fit by about 15"
I have to park my Element behind my van in the driveway. I have an RB and they barely fit with the van bumper within inches of the garage door and the element rear bumper bareley off of the street.

If I had an EB with Aluminess bumpers and a baja box I would have to park the Element in the next county.......

2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #22
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
I also barely fit on my car port. That was something I didn't figure in when I ordered the van...thought I was in trouble but it fit by about 15"
I have to park my Element behind my van in the driveway. I have an RB and they barely fit with the van bumper within inches of the garage door and the element rear bumper barley off of the street.

If I had an EB with Aluminess bumpers and a baja box I would have to park the Element in the next county.......
I never got a tape measure out so fast in my life. You can't block a sidewalk and I couldn't have moved my house.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #23

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_gendreau
It does seem to be harder to find an RB used.

I wouldn't worry about it. You didn't say you're converting to 4x4, and that's where the RB really makes a difference. Otherwise it's a couple of feet, and I agree with others I need the space inside. I would think that's especially true if you're converting it yourself since smaller is generally harder.

And the sagging is all about weight, not length.

Rob
Actually, I do plan on converting the van to a 4x4 at some point... can't do it right away because of the cost. But the goal is to be able to use it on forest service roads, off road, etc. I can deal with the smaller space, and I actually like the looks of the RB. Is it better for the 4x4?
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #24
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon
Actually, I do plan on converting the van to a 4x4 at some point... can't do it right away because of the cost. But the goal is to be able to use it on forest service roads, off road, etc. I can deal with the smaller space, and I actually like the looks of the RB. Is it better for the 4x4?
Buy what you want. The EB length add some weight to the rear axle depending how its loaded. The drive train is basically the same between the two. There are different 4x4 conversions though and you'll have to choose what you want there. I opted for a full float axle because I have a heavy EB van. Whether or not you need to spend the extra cash for that on a lighter loaded RB is questionable. Over building usually doesn't hurt and can usually help. JMO

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote