Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2021, 11:28 AM   #11

I finally found a slider with a window, after a little bodywork and paint it's installed. Nice to be able to exit driveways turning left and be able to see without having to hit them perfectly perpendicular. The blind spot with the solid door was a real pain in the rear.
Sliding door extender, full body paint, bumpers and UJoint 4X4 conversion up next.

Liddy
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3218.jpg   IMG_3217.jpg   IMG_3216.jpg  

Liddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:35 PM   #12

That looks really nice. Looks like it's a pop-open as well? Keep going.. the more windows the better!
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by N147JK View Post
That looks really nice. Looks like it's a pop-open as well? Keep going.. the more windows the better!
Yes, it's a pop open. I will be adding a large window on the driver's side front and two smaller windows on both sides of the rear.

Liddy
Old 09-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddy View Post
I finally found a slider with a window, after a little bodywork and paint it's installed. Nice to be able to exit driveways turning left and be able to see without having to hit them perfectly perpendicular. The blind spot with the solid door was a real pain in the rear.
Sliding door extender, full body paint, bumpers and UJoint 4X4 conversion up next.

Liddy
Looking good! When is your UJOR 4x4 going to be installed? I just posted in the 4x4 section asking about sliding doors and wheel spacers, but I was curious what your exact plans were for the UJOR conversion. Will you be keeping the 8 on 6.5 rear bolt pattern, or using the wheel adapters to convert to 8 on 170mm?

We are about to get in line for a UJOR 6" conversion on our sliding door van, so just trying to figure out what to expect.
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 08:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by motovan_mn View Post
Looking good! When is your UJOR 4x4 going to be installed? I just posted in the 4x4 section asking about sliding doors and wheel spacers, but I was curious what your exact plans were for the UJOR conversion. Will you be keeping the 8 on 6.5 rear bolt pattern, or using the wheel adapters to convert to 8 on 170mm?

We are about to get in line for a UJOR 6" conversion on our sliding door van, so just trying to figure out what to expect.
Sorry for the delayed response. I am hoping to get my van to Ujoint no layer than Feb-March. I am looking to have Weldtec do the sliding door extension so I can clear 35” tires with a modest offset wheel. I will install additional windows, have the exterior painted and install Aluminess bumpers prior to sending to Ujoint for a 6” lift. I plan on having front axle done with a Trutrac locker and the rear axle done with an air locker at Ujoint both with 4:10 gearing.

Liddy