Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2021, 04:51 PM   #1

FS: 2008 Sportsmobile E250 EB, Low mileage and updated interior

I have a beautiful low mileage 2008 Sportsmobile E250 EB for sale. This van is amazing, it is in near perfect mechanical condition and I have recently updated almost the entire interior. I can’t believe I’m selling this after all the work I put into it, but our family is growing quickly and our plans have changed quite a bit since we purchased it a few years ago.

Here’s a few quick stats but you can view a more detailed list here.

Ford E250 EB 5.4L V8 (2WD)
58,000 miles
Penthouse bed
175 watts of solar
200ah battery power
Espar B4L heater
Aluminess spare tire carrier and side ladder
Apple Carplay/Android Auto stereo

...and more!

It started as an EB10 layout but we wanted to add a bench seat for our children so they could travel safe and closer to us up front. Once we added the bench seat and took out some storage in the process the van didn’t feel as optimized for the space as we’d like so after several trips to get to know the van we decided to redo all of the interior cabinets and add a new sink, countertop and water system. For the Sportsmobile purists, the new cabinets are made with baltic birch and laminate and are way higher quality than what we took out. My goal was always to meet or exceed the quality of what was already in there when updating. I tried to stay true to the original Sportsmobile look but improve the design a bit and make it a little more modern. I feel this is one of the best layouts/designs I’ve seen for having seats installed behind the driver's seat but I am biased! And trust me when I say A LOT of work went into this van!

I brought the van to Ford and had them do a 150 point vehicle inspection, the only things they found were incredibly minor, like headlights and tail lights which were all taken care of. The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition and has been very well maintained and cared for.

I have attached a few photos but you can view more here! And I also did a video walkthrough for anyone looking for a more detailed tour of the van. I am happy to send more photos or videos or answer any questions just let me know. Thanks!

The van is available for purchase now in Sunnyvale, CA. I am asking $55,000.

RemingtonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:01 AM   #2

How long is the lower bed lengthwise from the cabinet to the rear doors? Many of Sportsmobile galley type plans don't have beds long enough for someone 6' and it's definitely not width enough to sleep sideways.
MauiSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiSportsmobile View Post
How long is the lower bed lengthwise from the cabinet to the rear doors? Many of Sportsmobile galley type plans don't have beds long enough for someone 6' and it's definitely not width enough to sleep sideways.
The lower bed's dimensions are 55"x75" (75" is the width side to side). So someone 6' or under would definitely fit width wise on that bed.

The penthouse bed dimensions are 75"x41".
Old 07-08-2021, 10:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonM View Post
The lower bed's dimensions are 55"x75" (75" is the width side to side). So someone 6' or under would definitely fit width wise on that bed.

The penthouse bed dimensions are 75"x41".
Thank you. I did not know the Ford van would allow a 75" bed side to side.
MauiSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:11 AM   #5

Post deleted and replaced by new post.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:43 AM   #6

The 75’’ width for the bed is probably window to window.
Cmartaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:49 AM   #7

Intially I was questioning the 75" dimension until I remembered we had a rear dinette SMB just like the seller has. I went back to my for sale post. He is correct regarding the 75" dimension.

SMB cuts out the inner wall metal and creates pockets that provide for 72" to 75" width across the back of the van.

Picture of the rear bed (from our rig, not the for sale rig)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2837.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	40727
Old 07-09-2021, 11:48 AM   #8

Cool Van!
Do you happen to know:
- What the weight of the van is?
- The gear ratio in the rear differential? Is it limited slip or open?
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
Cool Van!
Do you happen to know:
Thank you!

And when I registered in CA I had it weighed and it was ~7,400 lbs. I haven't weighed it since we added the seat and replaced the cabinets but I can't imagine that has changed things too drastically.

And I have no idea about the gear ratio... is there a way to easily find that out? It drives great and cruises well as highway speeds
Old 07-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
Cool Van!
Do you happen to know:
I dug around and found the original van sale paperwork and it said "3.73 ratio regular axle X24" not sure if that means anything to you or answers your question.

Tags
2wd, extended body, for sale, penthouse, sportsmobile