Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #21
Site Team

Garage
Re: Swapping Tops

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
Yes, the storage space and being able to leave our bedding up there was one of our main reasons for going for it . We were able to store our double sleeping bag, 4 pillows, a blanket and then shove our jackets on top of it.
That is a very nice advantage. I'm able to leave my sleeping bag up there but it would be great to be able to stow pillows and a few other items up top. Nice job.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:40 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
The space above the cab is now Lakes bed, Derek put a stub wall up providing a security barrier so he doesn't roll out and we put in a cushion, so nice to have his own cozy space, at least for the next couple years before he outgrows it, then it will be even MORE storage space! but as is we are able to leave his bedding up there. I'll post up some pics of the interior when I get it back.

This sounds great.

When you get around to it I'd love to see an inside photo of the set up! We have an 18 mo old and another one due in December, so things are gonna get tight really quick...
Old 02-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #23

Rick, bringing this back from the dead. I like the way your top, and rack look, seen pics in other threads and have been pouring through your post to try and get some info on your rack. I now see that Derek built it. Was it out of steel, or aluminum? Powdercoat or paint?

I am in the boat of buy a built SMB, or convert a van myself. I have gotten the quotes from derek, and watched the vids and really like the tall top. How old is Lake? Like the Idea of a kids bed that is out of the way. I was also thinking of how I would build a little restraining wall so my little girl wouldn't roll out of bed. Any pics of the kids bed with wall? When the kiddies out grow it, I was thinking a few cabinets up there would be perfect.
Thanks
Morgan
Old 02-06-2015, 09:33 PM   #24
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

I'll take some pics of the over cab bed space, the rack is painted aluminum. We also added a shower curtain to close the space off, hangs from the top bar, works great for us to hang out after he's up there. The stub wall is a few inches above the pad, enough to keep him from rolling off....at least so far.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:33 PM   #25

Bumping this as I'm looking into ccv high tops and am curious about this rack you put on it. Didn't see any pics in your album. Happen to have any pics online with it? Thanks!
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote