Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #11

Re: What's in your wallet (tank) -Ford Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Austin
Do you think there could be any other spots in the system where the debris might be causing a problem?
Its possible, but I doubt it. The filter would catch this big stuff and it doesn't look like it ever got there (filters always debris-free).

So, to recap, new IPR, new ICP, new fuel pump, new filter (x2), and cleaned tank and sending pickup/sending unit. With the engine being bone stock now, and its still throwing P1211 and P1209 codes, its seems the only thing left is the HPOP. The HPOP, it seems, is often misdiagnosed (over diagnosed), but I've tried everything else. From what I've gleaned, my HPOP should last another 50-75k or more miles, but they can fail at 100k too. Gonna run it buy dieselstop.com one last time to see if there is anything I've missed. Powerhouse Diesel (where I'm taking it eventually, most likely) and Dieselsite (where I might purchase an Adrenaline HPOP), are now agreed that its most likely the HPOP. Crap. I bet I end up doing it myself anyway. Even though its only $350 or so to have it installed, that's $350 that I could use for other pursuits.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #12

Re: What's in your wallet (tank) -Ford Diesel

Greg ,
Keep your fuel tank full as much of the time as possible and you will eliminate a lot of the inherent condensation that is prevalent with diesel fuel .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote