Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #1

Need help with electrical/battery issue

My wife is in the Stanford area for a multi day doctor visit for my son. I unfortunately had to work and I was not able to make the trip. Our 08 SMB V10 4x4 is having a problem starting and is dying on her after a few feet after jump starting.

What we need is a reliable mechanic in the STANFORD AREA that can diagnose the problem. Does not seem to be the battery, alternator, or the battery disconnect. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

ryanweaselsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanweaselsmom View Post
My wife is in the Stanford area for a multi day doctor visit for my son. I unfortunately had to work and I was not able to make the trip. Our 08 SMB V10 4x4 is having a problem starting and is dying on her after a few feet after jump starting.

What we need is a reliable mechanic in the STANFORD AREA that can diagnose the problem. Does not seem to be the battery, alternator, or the battery disconnect. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Does the van have any sort of aftermarket alarm system? Does it die in the same time frame after starting reliably?

Scott
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #3

No after market alarm. Just the standard remote auto door locks. We have had our SMB for about 10 months and we replaced the alternator and battery (just in case) about 2 months ago.
ryanweaselsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:41 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanweaselsmom View Post
No after market alarm. Just the standard remote auto door locks. We have had our SMB for about 10 months and we replaced the alternator and battery (just in case) about 2 months ago.
Does the van have a secondary battery on the passenger side framerail? I am not referring to any house battery setup. Most V10s have the second battery and they are notorious for not working correctly.

Scott
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote