Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #1

PH Interior Lights

All,

I am moving a EB penthouse top from one van to another I have read and follow many of the forums on here of members swapping them. I am doing all the upgrades like sleving the bars, using shoulder bolts, gooseberry top hardware, raptor liner etc. in speaking with boywonder he said if he were to do it again he would but LED's in the lifting blocks.

So I have been searching and coming up blank on lighting options or pictures of new tops with lights built into the lighting blocks.

Anybody have pictures or ideas they are willing to share. Top is off and getting ready to reinstall in a few weeks. Any ideas would be greatly appreciate.

Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #2

I know this place has a lot of LED lights:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...ck-led-lights/

Use Warm Whitw on the interior. That would be stuff in the 2700-3500K range. If you can keep it all one color like 3000K it will look better.

You could also search out RV or 12volt automotive LED lights and see what comes up.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:53 PM   #3

Can anyone with the new style SMB PH LEDs post a picture or two?
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:09 PM   #4

Here you go! Recent build, done June this year. We like the low profile and bright light output.
Attached Thumbnails
LED closeup_low res.jpg   LEDs front_1_low res.jpg   LEDs front_2_low res.jpg   LEDs rear_1_low res.jpg  
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:25 PM   #5

PH Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
Can anyone with the new style SMB PH LEDs post a picture or two?
Here is what Austin installs. I have been in both the Austin and Fresno facilities within the past 6 weeks and noticed the difference, Fresno with the round lights in the PH, Austin with two of the strip lights front and back.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:57 PM   #6

Perfect, thank you! I like the the recessed lights! That is what I am going with.

Fitz I really like the black handles and full material top and lift blocks. How did they cover the seams of the panels? I am assuming the roof panel is not one pieces. If you could send a picture of that I would appreciate it.
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrobert10 View Post
Perfect, thank you! I like the the recessed lights! That is what I am going with.

Fitz I really like the black handles and full material top and lift blocks. How did they cover the seams of the panels? I am assuming the roof panel is not one pieces. If you could send a picture of that I would appreciate it.
I would comment that the recessed lights are very bright, some might say harsh. I have three of them in other locations and I am going to look for replacement bulbs to tone them down a bit.

Here is a picture with the PH bed in place, is what you want to see this same picture with the PH bed removed? I can do that, it will just take me being home in the daylight to take the picture.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #8

Well isn't that crafty?

I like those. Wheels are turnin'.

86Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrobert10 View Post

Nrobert: my seam is in the middle...used the plastic trim piece from SMB....If I were to do it again I'd do it like Scalf77 did his......place the plywood seam under one of the lift blocks....only a little will show on each side.

I used these handles all over the place including the roof:

McMaster-Carr
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
I would comment that the recessed lights are very bright, some might say harsh. I have three of them in other locations and I am going to look for replacement bulbs to tone them down a bit.

Here is a picture with the PH bed in place, is what you want to see this same picture with the PH bed removed? I can do that, it will just take me being home in the daylight to take the picture.

What are those thin cable wires used for? I have them also but cant figure out their use.

Also, what is the purpose of those small cleats? I am missing one but haven't seen the reason to replace it
LandVan is offline   Reply With Quote