Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #11

Re: Passenger side swivel seat mount

You need a torx key to release the base, if I remember correctly it is a torx #55

Like the one of Mick, mine locks at 180° but can be used at any angle. I think it is the same that SMB uses.

Andrew

AndrewST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewST
You need a torx key to release the base, if I remember correctly it is a torx #55

Like the one of Mick, mine locks at 180° but can be used at any angle. I think it is the same that SMB uses.

Andrew
Where did you purchase the swivel base?

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewST

Andrew
Where did you purchase the swivel base?

Thanks!
PM sent
AndrewST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #14

With the passenger door closed, the seat back up and the seat about 190-200º (assuming 0º is forward +CW) release the seat slider and slide the seat back until the arm rest hits the passenger door arm rest.

The seat is now in a position to be spun without opening the door, at least between 200 and 360º. When I travel solo I leave the seat in this position forward, such that I can turn it around again at stops without monkeying with the slider or opening the passenger door.

I always spin with the front of the seat going towards the doghouse. Be careful to have everyone spin the seat the same way as the cords for the airbag sensor are only so long, and doing a complete 360 will likely cause them to detach.

It can be done in the same way with a passenger in the seat, but it barely clears the doghouse, so they either have to have their knees up and feet 100% on the seat, or lift their legs over- and unless they are young or do Yoga, neither is probably a better option then just hopping up, spinning the seat and climbing back in.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #15

I just came from SMB west and checked out the swivel. I had hoped that it could swivel with someone seated in it. When we take road trips my wife as to un-buckle and go in the back if our 5 year old autistic son needs something, I was just looking for an easier way since she smacks her head on the overhead tv half the time.

I may just have to go with the other plan which is to have another captains chair right behind the passenger seat, that way she can just tilt back and flip over
Old 05-09-2017, 09:30 PM   #16
GAR

Looking for passenger swivel seat adapter for 2017 Chevy Express. Anyone have one in a newer van (2013 or newer) that works? Any members here make there own want to share design?

Gar

GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:47 AM   #17

For my passenger seat swivel (2006 E350) I have to slide the seat all the way forward, rotate the seat back all the way up, then it rotates towards the center of the van all the way 180 deg with the door closed. I suppose you could do it while sitting the seat if put your legs in the center first.

I had to install an extension on the sensor plug that connects to the seat.

Bought from Shop4seats.com
113632 (07+ Ford Swivel Base For OEM Seat with Ford Floor Bolt Pattern/Passenger)
Jboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:04 AM   #18

For Chevy - these may work out. Note the changes in seat elevation and offsets listed in the description -
96 + GMC/Chevy Swivel Plate Factory Seat

For Ford vans - Save some $$ and buy the Ford ones on the Group Buy I have running right now -
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...7-a-19469.html

Rotation can be done while seated, but as stated previously, it requires swinging legs to the center first. Sat back full up, and some repositioning of the seat slide as it rotates.

Re: extending then seat belt sensor wires - that is one way to do it but it is not necessary. It can be done using the stock wires: Cut a small X in the carpet at the rear edge of the floor plate, bring one end of the connector up through that X. Run the wires inboard of the rotation drum. Disassemble the connector pins on the end coming from the seat - mark the wire positions on the connector, look inside the connector open end and remove the small plastic retaining bar between the pins using tweezers or small needle nose pliers, this releases the wires from the connector housing, feed the wires through the hole in the upper plate and reassemble the connector and pins below the plate. Plug together. Make sure to protect the wires with split loom or other, and always rotate the front of the seat towards the dog house. Clean and Done!! Let me know if any questions. Ray
Old 05-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #19
GAR

Cool, thank you much.

Gar
GAR is offline   Reply With Quote