Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2018, 03:46 PM   #91

Garage
1Der & Ref

What trans cooler are you using I changed my stock one out and it seems like I went backwards. I looked at the Tru-cool just trying to figure out what will fit.
I run my DP all the time on the 80 setting and 60 when towing it just doesnt like 40mph
I am headed west this summer and will be towing 8000# so I am a bit worried about EGT

snowgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:36 PM   #92

Garage
My cruise lite only comes on when cruise is set not when turned on like my F350 . That is true both before and after tuner install
Old 05-20-2018, 05:44 PM   #93

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Also, I am wondering wtf does the ‘stock tune’ setting really do? It certainly is not a complete defeat of the tuner if the Cruise light does not come back on while the tuner is still attached. Right now the only tuner feature I like is the high idle.
My cruise light works when I go back to the stock tune. Pointed that out to Jody but he never really addressed it.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm using a tuner or whatever it's called that flashes the PCM, not the F5 chip that is attached directly.

After sending him some logs he says I have a bad/weak HPOP or injectors, so at the prescribed throttle position my ICP is low and IPRDC is high which is causing the high shift points as well as the black smoke. Said that this would also cause high EGT's, which I haven't been tracking. He was very helpful and spent some time explaining it to me on the phone Friday as I tried to get my head wrapped around what he was saying he was seeing.

Problem is ALL of that stuff is brand new within the last year and a half (hell, the HPOP isn't even four months old!). So been trying to educate myself on this crap all weekend to interpret the logs myself. I'm seeing high ICP and IPRDC readings from what I've found, so now I'm even more confused

It's really a shame because the van does drive so much better with the tune in it!
Old 05-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #94

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgroomer View Post
My cruise lite only comes on when cruise is set not when turned on like my F350 . That is true both before and after tuner install

That is how my light works as well. When you hit the "On" button the light does not turn on. It only turns on once you set the actual cruise control with the right middle button on the steering wheel.

But with the tune installed no light, ever.

What year is your van snowgroomer?
Old 05-20-2018, 05:56 PM   #95

Garage
My van is an 02
Old 05-20-2018, 06:09 PM   #96

Garage
Quote:
My van is an 02

And you're running the DP tune without issue except for the 40mph thing? Refering to both the way it runs and the cruise control light.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:32 PM   #97

Garage
The 40 mph thing is annoying but it is only if you are traveling at that speed I can drive through it without any other issues. It definitely shifts different. when it does its last shift it then takes off till I assume converter has locked. It aslmost feels like another gear On the 60hp tow it hangs in the gears longer and Egt is lower. I have a steep mile climb to get home and if I allow it to shift up to soon EGT will be a problem by the top If i control upshift with throttle setting so it doesn't shift up to soon I am fine on hill. Towing on the interstate I need to back down to about 60 and then get out of OD. I am worried about towing out west as the climbs are longer
Old 05-20-2018, 10:35 PM   #98
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Quote:
1Der & Ref

What trans cooler are you using I changed my stock one out and it seems like I went backwards. I looked at the Tru-cool just trying to figure out what will fit.

I run my DP all the time on the 80 setting and 60 when towing it just doesnt like 40mph

I am headed west this summer and will be towing 8000# so I am a bit worried about EGT

I will have to dig through some files to find the info on what tru-cool I installed, maybe Ray has the info.
I’d look at possibly adding a tow and a mountain tune before heading up in the mountains or run stock, that 80 daily is too much, especially towing at higher elevations.

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:50 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasm View Post
Would like to know more about your exhaust system install

I have a 97
I would like to know about how you guys did this as well... I have a 96... was thinking of going with swamps tuner at some point
thescottgivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:36 AM   #100
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
For my 7.3.....
4” turbo back, I also replaced the leaking turbo up pipes with the international bellowed up pipes part #1837872C93, ordered from dieselorings.com, they are spendy, Doorman makes a knockoff set that’s cheaper. The Tru-cool I got is 4739-1 ordered from dieselsite.com

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote