Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2023, 07:46 AM   #1

Out door shower hookup location

Just recently got a 2008 eb 27 ph and I can't figure out where the outdoor shower hooks up for the life of me! The water tank/pump are under the the passenger side forward bucket seat. It has second row captains chairs and then 4 individual seats facing each other behind the second row captains chairs. Two drivers side and two passengers side.

Peterson_Motorcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 07:55 AM   #2

Need pictures around back door interior area. Or it might be behind a plastic door on the outside of the van with a key lock. Pic of the shower hose/head would help as well. It may be the type that connects to the sink faucet.

If you have the build sheet list/diagram from SMB? Planned shower location is usually marked on the diagram.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Need pictures around back door interior area. Or it might be behind a plastic door on the outside of the van with a key lock. Pic of the shower hose/head would help as well. It may be the type that connects to the sink faucet.

If you have the build sheet list/diagram from SMB? Planned shower location is usually marked on the diagram.
Thank you! Here are some photos. I wish I had that darn build sheet! Do you think SMB has it on file if I sent them the vin? Thank you for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5480.jpg   IMG_5482.jpg   IMG_5479.jpg   IMG_5487.jpg   IMG_5486.jpg  

IMG_5483.jpg   IMG_5481.jpg   IMG_5484.jpg  
Old 07-03-2023, 10:08 AM   #4

Re VIN and SMB - you will need the original owners name. That is how they tracked it. Likely a Fresno, CA build (now Field Van). With owners name they can get you a scan of most all of the docs users manual build info. I think Field Van Fresno is still providing history. Sometimes the owner name is written on the water tank.

I cannot see what what 4x4 conversion you have. If Quigley, then a VIN will get you a build sheet/ parts list for the 4x4 part. Nice to have.

Shower - I am still looking at pics! Mystery ! It may be a 'remove sink faucet screen and attach shower' set up but looks like there should be a dedicated two valve shower faucet compartment somewhere. Or there is an adapter from sink faucet to the shower head/hose you have?

Nice rig ! But - What are the boxes hanging down below the body line behind the rear wheels? I have not seen those before - certainly would be concerned about ripping this off on a trail, especially with an EB (which we have).
Old 07-03-2023, 10:26 AM   #5

No hot water system in that rig? Then likely attaches to sink.
Old 07-03-2023, 11:10 AM   #6

Garage
Do you by chance have a flat plate mounted under the van just behind the rear passenger wheel?
I have some water lines coming down in that spot for my flat plate (as well as drain valves at the lowest point). I tapped into those and mounted a bullfinch water port hook-up for outside so I wouldn’t need to open the rear doors for the shower attachment to pass through - much more convenient!
Old 07-03-2023, 01:24 PM   #7

If the intended use is to attach hose to sink, then the sink placement near the rear doors would be good. However, the hose looks kinda short. There are 2 slider windows on the passenger side near the sink as well so maybe the intention is to hook to the sink and pass through window and hang the showerhead on the side ladder??

The showerhead doesn't seem to have a dedicated on/off valve that you could use outside the van, just the type that changes the type of spray pattern, so that would be awkward to turn water on and off, which makes me think either there is a missing adapter or there is a yet to be found port somewhere!
Old 07-05-2023, 07:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Re VIN and SMB - you will need the original owners name. That is how they tracked it. Likely a Fresno, CA build (now Field Van). With owners name they can get you a scan of most all of the docs users manual build info. I think Field Van Fresno is still providing history. Sometimes the owner name is written on the water tank.

I cannot see what what 4x4 conversion you have. If Quigley, then a VIN will get you a build sheet/ parts list for the 4x4 part. Nice to have.

Shower - I am still looking at pics! Mystery ! It may be a 'remove sink faucet screen and attach shower' set up but looks like there should be a dedicated two valve shower faucet compartment somewhere. Or there is an adapter from sink faucet to the shower head/hose you have?

Nice rig ! But - What are the boxes hanging down below the body line behind the rear wheels? I have not seen those before - certainly would be concerned about ripping this off on a trail, especially with an EB (which we have).
Interesting! I will see if I can find their name somewhere.

I dont see any other adapters or anything anywhere. There is that other valve coming off the pump that has a cap on the one end. Maybe that is something?

Those are access to the propane tanks, there are two, one on each side.

No hot water heater that I have found. Looks like only one water line going to the faucet.

Twoxentrix, i will look for that plate! Thank you
Old 07-05-2023, 08:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterson_Motorcars View Post
I dont see any other adapters or anything anywhere. There is that other valve coming off the pump that has a cap on the one end. Maybe that is something?
In my van that valve is opened when filling from city hook up, closed when using the water pump. The cap allows you to gravity fill from inside the van when on the road and you don't have city hookup available. That is how the SMB manual describes that setup.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterson_Motorcars View Post
Interesting! I will see if I can find their name somewhere.

Those are access to the propane tanks, there are two, one on each side.

No hot water heater that I have found. Looks like only one water line going to the faucet.

Twoxentrix, i will look for that plate! Thank you
Okay. If you have maintenance records going back, that helps.

Ben10281 has covered the valve and capped fitting

I am going guess it is a sink faucet hook up and there is a bag with an adapter or an extension hose somewhere or used to be.

There is no hot water system so a shower will be whatever the water tank temp is. No real intended use as a body shower, rather only rinsing off. If you trace the water line FROM the water pump you will likely see it only goes to the faucet. That will settle the mystery. No tee = no shower or other water outlet.

re: propane tanks - what is in the space on the driver under side between the axles? That is the normal tank location. I have never seen propane tanks located where you have them. And more importantly - what are they being used for? It does not appear you have a cabin heater.

What are the two circled items in the picture? I would like to see a picture of what is under each couch. Also, additional pics of the propane tanks from under the rig. That location has me fascinated.

Where are you located? (consider adding to your profile)

Name:  IMG_6388.jpeg
Views: 38
Size:  18.0 KB