Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2016, 09:00 PM   #1

It all started when...

I was daydreaming a few years back while still a working parent, pre-empty nest status, and my fantasy bubble showed me living out of my vehicle.... Not unlike when I was in my 20's working contract jobs and living out of my VW rabbit.... Climbing and skiing in between contracts. Life was simple, life was good!
Fast forward to 2016, my first year retired and while I had not quite decided WHERE I want to retire to, I do know I want a 4x4 Van. Aaaaand that's about as far as it goes so far! The information regarding 'expedition' lifestyling is endless!
So I simplified my short term goal to figure out what make of van and by whom to have the 4x4 done. I don't want to have a huge project budget right out of the gate when I am new to the lifestyle and don't know how I want the interior set up. I think I narrowed it down to Ford/ujoint or Nissan V8/Quigley van.... Love the Nissans as is because I have a special use (Plein air drawing and painting) that the NV already allows with work surfaces in front seating + V8 is the Titan engine. And they are very comfortable for me to drive .... Ford, Maybe because I am a fan of Ujoint not using proprietary parts. If I decide on engine! I am a total newbie on transmission gearing knowledge but I'm going to talk to a friend of my son who is a wiz on that. Not planning on towing anything special but want the capability.

Thinking of later model of either because I am not mechanical- I won't break a nail but I do know my limits and I bow down to all the DIY peeps on this excellent forum!
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote