Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #11

Mark,

Thanks for the info. We sent our check and order in Mid-Feb and also bought one of the vans they had in stock, so it sounds like we are exactly one month behind you.

It is finally starting to look like summer up here in the PNW and we are itching to get out in the woods and the wait for our SMB is making us crazy.

Good luck with your trip to Fresno. If you see a Baja tan EB in the line and have your camera snap a pic for us. It is probably our van.

Thanks
John

Old 05-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33
Hi John,

My wife and I are going to be in SMB West next Thursday to see our Van in production (Dark Gray EB 4x4). If we see your van I will take some pics and post it or email them to you!

Ray

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #13

Ray,

Thank you, we would really appreciate that if you get a chance. Our van is number 28012F.

Thanks
John
Old 05-12-2008, 08:46 AM   #14
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMrider

My opinion is that SMB should give all new owners a video orientation when they pick up their vans. This would be easy and relatively inexpensive to create. Being able to pop in a video to review many of the functions on the van would save SMB dozens of hours of follow up calls and emails with questions from owners.
A couple of years ago SMB had a DVD made. I drove down to have some work done and saw about 20 of the staff on top of a van waving at a guy shooting some video. Aparently SMB got burned by this outfit and the DVD fell through. I really thought it would be a great idea. They used my van to shoot the Espar section and the camera man scuffed up one of my cabinets so I was let down when I found out all I got out of it was a boot mark.
DaveB

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMrider

My opinion is that SMB should give all new owners a video orientation when they pick up their vans. This would be easy and relatively inexpensive to create. Being able to pop in a video to review many of the functions on the van would save SMB dozens of hours of follow up calls and emails with questions from owners.
A couple of years ago SMB had a DVD made. I drove down to have some work done and saw about 20 of the staff on top of a van waving at a guy shooting some video. Aparently SMB got burned by this outfit and the DVD fell through. I really thought it would be a great idea. They used my van to shoot the Espar section and the camera man scuffed up one of my cabinets so I was let down when I found out all I got out of it was a boot mark.
DaveB
Well, they were on the right track, but sorry to hear the initiative fell apart. I'll continue to call/email if/when issues arise. Given the cost and hassle of getting problems fixed, I'm not going to just wing it when I'm unsure.

R