Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2023, 02:53 PM   #21

Garage
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...1&d=1573941802

Old 09-01-2023, 10:01 AM   #22

I appreciate the pumped solutions, but what's so bad about a simple funnel? I either fill via a small hose from a 5 gallon collapsible water jug sitting on the counter above or pour directly in via a 1 gallon jug.

Old 09-01-2023, 12:11 PM   #23

Garage
Ha, some pretty inventive solutions materializing here... Always interesting to see how others have addressed the same issue/concerns.
Old 09-01-2023, 02:51 PM   #24

we also use an elevated collapsible water carrier. the Reliance Fold-A-Carrier < https://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Prod...8-2&th=1&psc=1 > is our preference because the cap allows air in the jug to enhance drainage. we altered the cap to pair with a short hose with a female fitting at each end.

the jug body material will eventually fail at a fold point but the cap is reusable with a replacement of the same size.
Attached Thumbnails
jug&hose.jpg   jug_nozzle.jpg  
Old 09-02-2023, 08:37 AM   #25

Garage
This is what I came up with. The fittings to attach the fill hose to your tank will probably differ.

rizzabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 06:21 PM   #26

Garage
Our H2O tank is in the garage beneath our platform bed. We have 3 and 5 gal water cans. We tried using a short hose connection with a funnel lifting the cans to pour but even the 3 gal jugs are 25# (5 gal-50#). It takes two people to manually fill the tank and one of them (me) has to lift the jug and the other lifts the hose with the funnel, since we don’t have a shelf to put the water cans on.
So I bought a 12V pump and fitted tubing to each end of the pump. The system works great if we need to add water and we don’t have a faucet available. It all fits in a small case.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0107.jpeg   IMG_0108.jpg   IMG_0110.jpg   IMG_0109.jpg  

2019 Transit 350 HR Eco Quigley 4X4
“Vandemic”
Charliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 10:35 AM   #27

I set my fresh water jugs on the counter and use a beer siphon to fill the fresh water tank. There is a fill valve at the top of my tank and I slip the tubing into that and siphon away. Very quick and easy. I use this method always as I find hooking up a hose from outside to be a pain. My tank is only 10 gal so it takes three jugs to fill it.

I use something similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SDLLZDY...haWwp13NParams
rltilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 07:09 AM   #28

I went with a VERY simple, cheap, fast, and highly effective dripless solution. I cut a three foot section off the end of an old garden hose. Applied a heat gun and stretched the cut end so I could easily slip it over the spout of my 5 gallon jerry. Stick it on to my container and pour. Done. Takes about two minutes per jug and when your done just disconnect and blow the remaining water into the tank with your lungs. Fast, effective, no mess.
Tadias is offline   Reply With Quote