Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2018, 03:52 PM   #41

Dusty, before raising the top, you should have at least the side doors open, actually the more doors open the better. When the top is raised it creates quite a negative and if there’s no way for air to come in, the top is much harder to push up. THAT would be a real easy fix.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:14 AM   #42

Second vote for the cargo bar. Cheap, reliable, 5ft 3in wife uses it all the time. We have been using it for years. Trick is to just lift the top first with bar. Detach the bed and lift it after top is up. BTW also adjusted the chain by one link shorter. Helped a little bit but the problem is the top is DEAD WEIGHT until raised about one foot when the springs start to kick in. The springs do nothing for the first foot then they lift it right up. Soaringhawk.
soaringhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:43 PM   #43

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher View Post
Dusty, before raising the top, you should have at least the side doors open, actually the more doors open the better. When the top is raised it creates quite a negative and if there’s no way for air to come in, the top is much harder to push up. THAT would be a real easy fix.
That's exactly what I discovered this last weekend! I was wondering why my top had suddenly gotten so much heavier - the solution donned on me when lowering the top was also much harder. Keep them doors open when raising and lowering.
Steve C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:30 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
Just curious but what's that little upgrade conversion cost? Almost the price of a new penthouse?

I though Aluminess also had a gizmo of some sort to lift the roof but couldn't find it on their website. Might be worth asking though.
We have what you are looking for on our website under accessories tab! Thanks for recommendation!
aluminess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #45

Hey I was wondering do you still have the 12volt lift ?
Jdkh2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
penthouse, raising