Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2020, 01:26 PM   #11

Garage
Lagun table - front and rear mounted

We didn't get a table in our original build, since we usually live outdoors. Since then, we have both retired and are looking at longer trips. So we decided to see if a Lagun table could be retrofit into the layout. I mainly wanted a place to use a laptop at the rear facing front passenger seat. Since the Lagun can be moved around, we also decided it would be nice to have a "dining" table for the rear bench.

(We are using a temporary tabletop for now)

I built an extension for the front cabinet where our battery charger lives, to mount the table bracket. The table can be used from the passenger seat facing rearwards, or can be used as extra "kitchen counter". It will also go in between the front seats while driving, but we probably won't use this option much.

For the rear mount, I cut through the panelling and installed PlusNuts into the interior sheet metal, then used plywood shims to avoid hitting the curved in wall. (my pre-build photos came in very handy to locate a flat spot). From this position, the table can be used for "dining" for one or maybe two, can be used as a staging area for items going in and out of the van, and can be lowered onto the seat for travel (if we can't find a spot to store the tabletop).

The table isn't super sturdy, so we will have to be careful not to overload it or lean on it.
Attached Thumbnails
004.jpg   40.jpg   43.jpg   47.jpg  

Old 11-30-2020, 08:57 AM   #12

We have a modified RB110 build, and I found the standard table to be too wide to be comfortable between the Gaucho bench seats. So I ordered a $7 fitting for the tube pedestal and joined some scrap pine planks to make a narrower table.

So far it's working fine. The PO of our van built a small square top/base that allows use of the tube pedestal outdoors, which we've found very handy when camping.

Old 12-01-2020, 11:01 AM   #13

Here's a forum thread describing another front passenger seat lagun mount; and details for fabricating the bracket are given in a later post.

2018 Sprinter 4x4 RB150S w/PH Lithium Build ("Starr Van")
Pictures of some Starr adventures (starting in 2019): https://rick.samcos.com/galleries/
rsamco is offline   Reply With Quote