Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2022, 06:45 PM   #1

For Sale: 2018 Mercedes 2500 4x4 144

Asking price: $95,000

2018 Mercedes Sprinter 2500 4x4 144” Campervan

This 2018 Mercedes Sprinter 2500 4x4 (144”) campervan has been very well maintained and has just under 30,000 miles, many of which are highway miles. This is a custom floorplan which was built out by Sportsmobile North. The floorplan includes a driver side gaucho that opens to a bed and includes an extension for taller people (I’m 6’2” and found no need for the extension). Also in the floor plan is a wet bath that has a Thetford electric portable toilet. There is no onboard propane to deal with. Heat is provided by a diesel heater, and the dual stovetop is electric induction. This unit is well-insulated and winter capable. The floor plan has been maximized for storage. Below is a summary of the onboard systems and other features. This vehicle is located in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out.

ELECTRICAL
• Equipped with factory second alternator on engine to feed house batteries
• Equipped with high idle control to use engine/second alternator when stationary to feed house batteries if needed
• Two AGM extended life batteries
• Magnum Energy MagnaSine 2000 watt pure sine waver invertor/charger
• Magnum Energy Remote Control unit
• True Induction MiniDuo dual burner induction cooktop (eliminates need for onboard propane)
• NovaCool 3.5 square foot AC-DC refrigerator/freezer

FRESH WATER
• 20-gallon fresh water tank under couch
• Richmond 5-gallon electric water heater under sink
• System can also be run off city water hook-up

WASTE WATER
• Thetford Curve Porta Potti with electric pump
• 10-gallon grey tank for sink
• 10-gallon grey tank for shower

HEAT
• Espar diesel heater (eliminates need for onboard propane)—very fuel efficient and gets the interior very warm, even in very cold conditions

AIR CONDITIONER
• Dometic roof mounted 13,500 BTU AC unit
• One Dometic Fan-Tastic roof vent fan is also installed.

ADDITIONAL UPGRADES
• Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 245/75R16 tires
• Custom screen for sliding door with dual zippers for easy in and out access
• Also included is a DIY screen for the rear which simply consists of a large screen cut to size and magnets to hold it in place. There is no zipper built in, but this allows for sleeping with the rear doors open and does a perfect job of keeping bugs out.
• Privacy curtain between cab and living area
• WeatherTech floor mat across front floorboard
• Portable table with tripod base and two height options
• Seat covers were immediately installed when new so the seats are in perfect condition.

REPAIRS AND IMPERFECTIONS

I firmly believe in disclosing all repairs that have been done and imperfections outside of normal minor wear. This is a sizable investment, and you should know what you’re getting into. In the following I will do my best to describe each noteworthy issue so you don’t waste your time looking further if you see something that is a deal breaker for you.

The engine was put into “limp mode” on two occasions by the computer. The first time a Mercedes dealer inspected it and could not replicate the issue. The second time, I shut the engine down for approximately 5 minutes and upon restart there was no further problem. Since these occasions, Mercedes issued a recall which included control unit reprogramming which was intended to address this problem. There have been no similar issues since.

A power steering hose came disconnected due to a second clamp having not been installed at the factory. This was a warranty issue and repaired at no cost by Mercedes. A recall was subsequently issued by Mercedes to remedy this apparently wide-spread issue.

Regarding body condition, in June of 2022 I discovered some very slight paint bubbling around the shore power cut-out on the driver side rear quarter. I had this promptly and professionally repaired which included painting that entire panel rather than just touching up the area. As you can tell from the pictures, the paint match is perfect.

There are six small paint chips in the hood that I repaired with a touch-up kit (identical paint color match). While the repairs do not appear perfect, they were done before any rust had an opportunity to begin.

The driver side rear window has a dual shade, one for day, and one for night. The day shade is in perfect condition. As you can see in one of the photos, the night shade has become somewhat wrinkled. I have been unable to get it flattened to the original condition. Replacement of this shade would likely be a minor project.

The next regular service will be completed on September 13, 2022.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   4.jpg   10.jpg   12.jpg   14.jpg  

38.jpg   15.jpg   19.jpg   20.jpg   26.jpg  

MI147 is offline   Reply With Quote