Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2020, 09:53 PM   #11
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
This Forum is the BEST!! Way to go Campism (cool high top too)! I just learned that you can upload an image to google and find out info...if it even gets a hit...

Ok opened another window and uploaded and got around a dozen hits on another site it is listed...says posted over 60 days ago... listed at 59K Mecahnicsville

https://www.smartrvguide.com/L51914135

ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:05 PM   #12
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Forgot to mention...this wouldn't last a week (usually) if it was real..the orange paint alone lol!! You'll find one, but you'll probably have to act fast!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:31 AM   #13

I, too, would have been suspicious of an ad more than 60 days old but consider what the last 60 days have been like. We're lucky to be pretty secure and durable, but I wonder how many prospective buyers of a van in that price range have excused themselves from the market until better times.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:05 AM   #14

Only Reason I posted here...

I have seen a few posted for the time period (30-60 days) and thought it might be because of the pandemic which is why I even posted.

Again thank you for the effort and dialog, its good to know I am thinking the same thing everyone is. I am sure I will run into something that works out for me... If I have to wait long enough maybe I save enough for new.. Lol
littlerhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 04:52 PM   #15

Made another pass this afternoon with the same results, although I did see some interesting vans; a nice StepVan and an Okanogan conversion Dodge highroof. Never heard of that brand but it looks pretty nice and even huger than mine.
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (83).jpg
Views:	8
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	33684

I probably missed a few blocks in that area and there was one neighborhood that, while not gated, had lots of signs warning non-residents they'd better behave so I took that as an invitation to stay away. If the SM was in there, good riddance. Anyway, I'll probably give up at this point but will keep an eye out for the orange van in motion. That area is outside my normal orbit so spotting the Sportsmobile will be dumb luck from here on out.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:29 PM   #16

This van was for sale about 3-4 years ago if I remember right. It was listed on EBay by a dealer for $59,000 in Virginia. I called the dealer within 10 min. of it being listed to make sure it was not a scam and a person had clicked the buy-it-now and got it. I tried to see if they would do a back up offer for $65,000 and the dealer said they just had to many others interested and unfortunately had listed for way to low. If the first person failed to purchase they were going to raise the reserve to $80,000. The Ebay listing showed it with the original graphics and one with the dealer had removed them. So this listing with the graphics tells me it is a scam or and old listing.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:09 AM   #17

Thank You Sir... Above & Beyond

Unless I get an email I dont think I will be making contact.
Thank You and I hope the pup enjoyed the new smells and leaving some new smells! THANK YOU

The Search continues
littlerhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:20 PM   #18

So - I think this is our van. We purchased it back in June of 2017 from a small used RV dealer just outside of Chicago - from what I was able to sort out at the time the original owner had passed away and the van was sold to them for around $60K - I couldn’t get much info out of the RV dealer but it seemed as though part of there business model was to scour the US looking for deals on Class B RVs and essentially flipping them. Here’s a pic of the van the day we picked it up and what it looks like today. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1827.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	33691Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3158.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	33692
jim v. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:35 PM   #19

I love this community!
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote